Electoral Finance Specialist (EFS)
CTG Global , Hiran, Somalia
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The position will be part of a 3 person team that will make up the core lead for international support to the electoral management body, the National Electoral Commission of Somaliland (NEC) as per Below below TOR which will be carried out from an embedded position with NEC.
- Budget preparation & management: The EFS will be an integral part of NEC's budget preparation & management, drawing on extensive experience in Somaliland electoral operations.
- Financial systems review & update: The EFS will work closely with NEC, in coordination with the IEA & the EOS, to review & update NEC financial systems to ensure they are compatible with donor & govt. regulations. The EFS will also work closely with NEC to ensure the financial & administrative systems that are in place can continue to support micro payment volume through electoral & voter registration operations.
- Banking coordination: The EFS, in conjunction with NEC, will liaise with the relevant bank(s) in Somaliland to ensure issues of cash flow, including for large scale procurement, payments to field staff & other urgent operational expenses, are anticipated & supported.
- Preparation of donor reports: The EFS will work with NEC & the IEA to collect all supporting documentation according to donor requirements & will prepare donor financial reports on a regular basis.
- Mentoring & capacity building: The EFS will provide day to day mentoring & support to the NEC finance department to continue to build their financial management capacity & institutional strength & independence.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Strong knowledge of financial systems, especially those applicable to EMBs & electoral processes.
- Understanding of the financial systems of Somaliland, including limitations.
- Proven knowledge in overcoming the challenges of micro payments in contexts of limited financial technology.
- Demonstrated capacity to integrate financial management processes into the broader process of electoral delivery systems while ensuring transparency, accountability & institutional ownership.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the following:
Setting up & overseeing financial management systems for EMBs that ensure real time financial monitoring.
Providing source documentation & fraud control oversight during electoral processes.
Developing & implementing integrated systems of cash delivery between EMBs & financial institutions.
Providing leadership & support in the development of an institution’s financial management capacity.
Overseeing financial reporting, auditing & financial risk management.
Somaliland context from a financial, technical & socio-political perspective.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance.
Fluent in the Somali language.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.