Electoral Operations Specialist
CTG Global , Hiran, Somalia
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The position will be part of a 3 person team that will make up the core lead for international support to the electoral management body, the National Electoral Commission of Somaliland (NEC) as per below TOR which will be carried out from an embedded position with NEC.
- Strategic guidance: The EOS will provide strategic guidance & oversight to NEC, ensuring that operational, tactical & political challenges will be considered continuously throughout the operational process.
- Operational oversight: The EOS will work closely with the Director of Operations & the IEA to ensure that the day to day opportunities & challenges are addressed in all areas of electoral delivery, including training, voter education, logistics, procurement, security, IT & finance. The EOS will ensure a holistic overview is maintained for the BVR upgrading & election processes.
- Critical path management: The EOS will support the development of a critical path Gantt chart & provide real time guidance for schedule slippage to ensure activity dependencies do not lead to compounding timeline setbacks, but rather adjustments are made downstream to make up for earlier delays.
- Financial management: Given the critical nature of financial systems in the successful delivery of an electoral process & the importance of strong financial management & accountability is in the smooth running of an electoral process, the EOS will use his extensive knowledge & capacity to provide guidance & support to NEC, the IEA & the EFS.
- Risk management: The EOS will work closely with NEC to establish & monitor a risk management tool that anticipates multiple scenarios & the possible risks each represent. This tool will allow NEC to incorporate risk protection for multiple scenarios rather than looking only at the risks associated with the intended operational plan (knowing the plan is likely to change as adjustment needs emerge, including risk mitigation changes).
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 10 year of experience in Other (essential).
- Fluency in English is essential.
Competencies & experience:
- Strong knowledge of electoral policies, practices & extensive experience integrating the peacebuilding lens into those policies & practices.
- Deep understanding of effective capacity building & institutional development of Electoral Management Bodies (EMBs) through electoral process implementation (development by doing).
- Proven knowledge in voter registration processes, electoral training development, electoral operations / logistics & voter education / awareness.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the following:
Providing strategic guidance in electoral areas of biometric voter registration systems, complex planning & operational delivery, institutional development.
Building capacity & fully integrating financial management, donor engagement & political space management into electoral process delivery.
Ensuring internationally funded processes remain locally driven, locally owned.
Somaliland context from a technical & socio-political perspective.
- Master’s Degree in International Relations or other complementary graduate degrees.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.