Electronic Counter Measures Specialist
UNOPS , Gao, Mali
On behalf of Support to MINUSMA Project and under the overall management of the UNMAS Deputy Chief of Operations, The ECM Specialist will be working within the UNMAS Mali Joint Operations Centre and will be responsible for the maintenance, management and local repair of all UNMAS ECM specialist equipment, distributed to MINUSMA TCCs.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Manage, maintain and repair Man-Portable ECM
- Manage, maintain and repair and install Vehicle-Fitted ECM
- Manage, maintain and distribute as necessary ECM CRYPTO-Fill
In relation to the above key functions, the Specialist Officer ECM Technician will conduct the following tasks:
- Provide technical assistance to MINUSMA in the installation or removal of ECM systems.
- Conduct scheduled servicing of ECM Systems.
- Conduct trouble shooting of ECM systems and repair where required
- Escalate unresolvable issue to management chain and equipment provider technical services.
- Technical liaison with equipment provider.
- Provide advice to MINUSMA operators.
- Conduct initial and refresher training to MINUSMA operators as required.
- Document issues, identify trends and resolve with ECM provider.
- Upload waveform updates from ECM provider.
- Ensure the management of spare parts stock and identification of required spare parts.
- Produce a weekly report on the serviceability of all ECM systems
- Monitor/manage deployed ECM systems.
- Liaise with Operations and Support Services on all ECM equipment.
- Manage of Equipment Fault Reports raised by users.
- Manage and husbandry of all other ECM related equipment.
- Replace the EOD Equipment Technician when needed.
- Any other tasks as indicated by the UNMAS Deputy Chief of Operations.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) with minimum 5 years of relevant experience; OR
- First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with minimum 7 years of relevant experience; OR
- Technical Professional Diploma with 9 years of relevant experience is required
b. Work Experience
Relevant experience is defined as experience in Electronic Counter Measures (ECM) and equipment maintenance & management.
- Fluent in English (read, write and speak) is required
- Intermediate French (read, write and speak) is desired