Emergency Project Manager – Specific Needs - HONDURAS
Place: HONDURAS- Tegucigalpa/San Pedro Sula
Starting date: 20th, December, 2020
Length: 3 months
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
The intensity of the disaster in Central America caused by ETA and IOTA hurricanes and the call for humanitarian assistance from the government of Honduras led HI to organize this rapid exploratory mission under the Authority of the Emergency Division. The objective of this mission was to understand the impact of the hurricanes on the population already strongly affected by COVID-19 crisis, to assess the response capacities of the actors present on the area and the potential gaps and to figure out the coordination mechanism in place.
After a first evaluation phase, HI wishes to implement an integrated emergency response; a Concept Note has been developed and shared with several donors. This note includes 4 pillars: Physical access; Survival needs; Psychosocial support; Inclusion.
In this context, HI is looking for an Emergency Project Manager to implement activities to cover the Specific Needs (Psychosocial support, Protection and Inclusive Humanitarian Action) of the most vulnerable populations. One of the first missions of the Emergency Project Manager will be to contribute to the definition of the areas, target population and partners of intervention, in line with HI's overall operational strategy in the country.**
Based in Tegucigalpa/San Pedro Sula, reporting to the Emergency Coordinator in Honduras, as Project Manager your missions are:
1.1 Recruits and line-manages the project’s team members
1.2 Manages the recruitment and selection of new team members
1.3 Ensures strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation by related staff.
2.1 Provides the technical expertise for his/her project
2.2 Helps to coordinate technical professional development and facilitate a community of practice, in collaboration with Technical Division
2.3 Manages relationships with technical authorities, local partners or other stakeholders
3. Implementation and Monitoring
3.1 Finalizes the emergency strategy of intervention, adapt/adjust it upon needs;
3.2 Formalizes the operational framework for intervention implementation in link with relevant interlocutors/ensure this framework is produced: operational and technical guidance and tools;
3.3 Ensures training and capacity building of the project’s team for intervention implementation;
3.4 Ensures project implementation, in collaboration with the relevant services and in line with general standards and procedures
3.5 Ensures project data management
3.6 Ensures project reporting
3.7 Prepares and steers project evaluation and capitalisation
4. Influence & Communication
4.1 Contributes to HI’s external influence by participating in relevant networks
4.2 Communicates on the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant
5. Strategy & business development
5.1 Contributes to the Emergency Strategy in Honduras.
5.2 If requested, drafts new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project
5.3 If requested, contributes to the drafting of new proposals for new opportunities
YOUR PROFILE :
· You hold a high degree diploma (recommended)
· You have at least 2 years of professional experience in the field of emergency intervention implementation & coordination
· You have experience in the management of Specific Needs (Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, Protection, Inclusion, etc.) project and in the management of protection activities
· You have knowledge of Specific Needs sectors of intervention
· You are able to work under pressure and have strong project and team management skills
· You are an excellent English or French and Spanish speaker (both oral and written).
· You have a high level of autonomy and initiative; demonstrate strong organizational skills as well as interpersonal and multicultural skills;
· You have strong communication, organisational and reporting skills
· 3 months International contract starting from 20th, December, 2020
· Salary : starting from 2 450 euros gross salary per month
· Per diem : 755 euros per month
· Hardship allowance: 500 euros per month
· Single position
· Collective accommodation