Position: Entrepreneurship Trainer
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Application Deadline: 05th May, 2019
Duration: 8 days (5 days training, 3 days evaluation)
Start Date: July - TBC
The Local Employment in Africa for Development (LEAD) Programme is being implemented by SPARK and funded by The Dutch Ministry of Foreign in order to create jobs in Libya, Tunisia, and Somalia and thereby to tackle irregular migration and radicalisation. The programme aims to create jobs for youth (18-35) by supporting them to launch their own businesses or by assisting existing business structures to grow and expand. The focus of the programme is to provide young entrepreneurs and existing SMEs with the technical skills and capacity to grow by facilitating access to markets, technical skills, and finance.
As a result, SPARK plans to organize a 5 day training session for about 20 university teachers from all Tunisian governorates that will take place in July 2019, exact dates to be confirmed. The location will be communicated later.
The training is specifically designed for permanent university teachers and temporary contractors belonging to academic institutions in all the Tunisian governorates.
The objective of the training is to:
-Provide the University teachers with pedagogical skills enabling them to implement an active teaching approach for the "Entrepreneurship" module (using the teaching method through active pedagogy (group work, simulation, role playing ...)).
-Allow trained teachers to take ownership of the course developed by SPARK and its implementation right after the training.
-Acquire the necessary skills so that the teachers become able to better serve students in the field of entrepreneurship and business
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks of the trainer include, but are not limited to:
- Use the training material/content that has been developed by SPARK and add modules according to the results of the needs assessment of the target (to be communicated by SPARK)
- Deliver the five day training to teachers; ensuring methodology includes interactive tools and activities, while also providing case studies and real examples/exercises.
- Produce an end-of training report summarizing training (conclusions & recommendations) including participant feedback and evaluation.
- Ensure a daily attendance sheet is kept for each day of the training session
- Ensure the surveys are completed by the teachers at the end of the training and collect their feedback and analyse it
- Consider planning a mission of evaluation to get feedback from the teachers and students on the implementation of modules to be conducted in November.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business, Management or a relevant field;
- Holds a trainer certification is a plus
- Knowledge of the Tunisian context
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to give clear instructions
- Interpersonal skills, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in delivering trainings in the required field
- Presentation skills - structuring and communicating ideas, using visual and other adequate tools
- Facilitation skills - managing activities, eliciting contributions and learning in an innovative way
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in French and Arabic
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;