Environmental Expert, Green Economy
Palladium , Cairo, Egypt
Environmental Expert, Green Economy
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide e qual employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking an Environmental Expert for an upcoming project in Egypt. The project will provide technical assistance alongside a green economy financing facility aimed at supporting energy efficiency, renewable energy and climate change adaptation initiatives. This facility will be aligned with Egypt’s national sustainable development strategy and is to contribute to inclusivity specifically with respect to gender equality.
The project will:
- Support participating financial institutions (PFIs) in developing a pipeline by organizing marketing activities to help build a green finance portfolio;
- Provide training to PFIs in order to build capacity for sustainable green lending;
- Support small and medium enterprises in preparing their sub-projects for financing;
- Deliver gender-responsive capacity building to local experts and PFI staff;
- Raise awareness of green lending among intended sub-borrowers;
- Increase awareness and ensure donor visibility by sharing the facility’s outcomes through different communication channels.
The Environmental Expert will play a key role in developing the Facility’s green finance portfolio with projects focused on energy efficiency, renewable energy and resource efficiency. Their work will include ensuring the Facility’s alignment with Egypt’s national sustainable development strategy. They will also ensure that the Facility succeeds in helping Egypt to diversify its energy supply and address resource inefficiency, specifically in water and waste management as well as soil protection. The environmental expert will also support the capacity building of PFIs in terms of creating a better awareness of green technology and high performing climate mitigation and climate adaptation technologies. Finally, the expert is expected to ensure awareness of best practices with respect to sustainable energy, water efficiency and resource efficiency projects.
This role will be on a part-time, freelance basis
- Demonstrable knowledge of current best practices on sustainable energy, water efficiency and resource efficiency initiatives both in Egypt and internationally.
- Extensive experience in conducting environmental due diligence and environmental impact assessment.
- Experience working on multiple sustainable energy projects.
- Recent experience working on projects related to water efficiency, resource efficiency, and/or sustainable energy are a strong asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic as well as English.
Egyptian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply