WFW , Washington, United States
Women for Women International works in some of the most dangerous places to be a woman. We serve women survivors of war in conflict and post-conflict areas around the world in 8 countries including Afghanistan, Iraq, Eastern Congo, and Northern Nigeria. Our core belief is that stronger women build stronger nations; and with access to knowledge, resources, and a support network, a woman rebuilds her life and improves her community.
Our model works and we have the data to prove it. In our 26-year history, Women for Women International has reached over half a million women. The women we work with across 3 continents earn just $0.81 a day when we enroll them. At graduation, it’s $2.11, nearly tripled.
Our impact goes beyond income. The number of women who say at least one household member went to sleep hungry in the last four weeks has gone from 18% to 5%. And more women say they speak out against women's abuse: 26% report having publicly spoken in the last 6 months against physically abusing women.
When women have the right tools, they realize the power within themselves to transform their lives, their families, their communities, and finally their entire nations.
The Executive Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative, internal communications and project-management support to the Executive Office, including to the CEO and Global Board. Support CEO and DEO to create and implement ways of working to nurture a performing organizational culture aligned to WfWI values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring effective administrative and logistical support to Executive functions, including Leadership Team and the Global Board
- Create and maintain the CEO’s daily schedule of meetings and events, provide a daily itinerary, and manage the CEO to keep on schedule
- Keep CEO abreast of any items for which feedback is needed and ensure those items are processed effectively
- Partner with the Director, Executive Operations to prepare the CEO with briefing materials for meetings. Coordinate with meeting participants ahead of time to compile briefing materials
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of materials to Board of Directors and Board committees as needed
- Set up and coordinate conference calls
- Assist in organizing Board and senior management retreats
- Prepare expense reports and reimbursement forms for the Executive Office
- Undertake all travel planning and bookings as well as compile and finalize claims for reimbursement on behalf of the CEO
- Make travel arrangements for selected staff, Board of Directors, and guests as required
- Collaborate with functional counterparts in organizing information flow to meet organizational deadlines
- Perform research to prepare the CEO and Director, Executive Operations for meetings, events, and key strategic activities
- Salesforce data entry
- Help ensure effective project management, communications, cross-divisional cooperation,
- Oversee an intern to assist with the above responsibilities
- Draft the quarterly CEO report to the Board, as well as the monthly All Staff communications
- Contribute to the internal communication strategy led by the Director, Executive Operations
- Represent the Executive team in cross-divisional meetings to gather and disseminate information as required
- Help maintain Teams/SharePoint
- Communicate proactively, timely, and tactfully
- Maintain confidentiality
- Concern for effectiveness
- Demonstrate a sense of resourcefulness
- Collaborate effectively across functions
Adhere to WfWI’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policies and report concerns and to the organizational values Empowerment, Integrity, Respect, Resilience.
The duties, responsibilities and activities of this job description may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree with two- three years of experience in a collaborative working environment
- Superior project management, organizational and prioritization skills
Strong professional writing skills
Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
Ability to exercise discretion and judgment in the performance of duties
Resourcefulness and ability to work cross functionally with multicultural and global teams
Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, board members and other external stakeholders
Flexibility and willingness to work in situations of flux - comfort with ambiguity and ability to proactively manage ever-changing deliverables and ability to work in a fast turn-around environment
Strong knowledge of MS office – calendaring in Outlook and preparing PowerPoint presentations
Basic research skills
Attention to detail
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-related causes
- Demonstrable understanding of and passion for women's issues, conflict, and international development
Our global core values define how we are to behave as we pursue our mission, our vision, and our strategic objectives:
- Empowerment. We believe every woman is unique and powerful in her own right. Our people are our greatest strength and we will support them to achieve our aims by providing them with the information, rewards and power they need to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve our delivery and performance. As a learning organization - we encourage our people to take risks and make mistakes, we learn and grow and get better, stronger and smarter.
- Integrity. We will never communicate in any way that exploits or demeans the women we exist to serve, we will deliver a program of training that maximizes the impact for the women we serve to bring them the biggest benefits and facilitate the greatest long term positive change in their lives. we do what we say we are going to do, when we say we're going to do it. We act as good stewards of the organization’s resources.
- Respect. We believe every woman has the right to be treated with fairness and dignity. we trust each other implicitly, confident in the knowledge that we are all working towards the same goals. Equally, we hold each other responsible and accountable at all levels of the organization for the outcomes of our actions. We will be bold, clear and kind in our communication with our colleagues across the organization and not allow disrespectful behavior to go unchallenged.
- Resilience. We see every day the strength of women survivors of war and their ability to never lose hope despite having faced the greatest atrocities and horrors of conflict. They inspire us to stay strong, hopeful, focused and committed to our global purpose. We support each other