FASTER Grants Management PM
Catholic Relief Services, Uganda
The Grants Manager (GM) will take the lead in assuring the quality management of externally funded grants/contracts from inception to closure, as well as providing budget management support to the Project Director. Key responsibilities include oversight of budget, budget analytics and forecasting for donor reporting, sub-recipient management and compliance. Operational risk management to increase the effectiveness program execution. Provide support to ensure operational excellence with a focus in the areas of procurement and contracting, general management, and partnership and representation with an emphasis on strengthening team capacity in efficient practices compliant with donor and agency policy and procedure.
This position requires strong demonstrated experience in the areas of program and budget management, as well as a strong knowledge of donor, especially USG, contracts/grant agreements, fu nding mechanisms and requirements. In addition to an oversight and monitoring role, the GM will ensure that both programming and management quality staff improve their understanding of different grant compliance and build their capacity to adhere to donor regulations related to reporting, invoicing, and asset management and purchasing.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)these are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Accountability and Stewardship
- Build Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation
- Strategic Mindset
Program Manager Competencies
These competencies are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or h er responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Sets clear goals and manages toward them
- Collaborates effectively with staff and stakeholders
- Manages financial resources with integrity
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning
- aster's degree in international development, finance, business administration or similar field required.
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience with an NGO, of which 1-2 years should be in USG finance and compliance.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Experience managing USG and/or other donor grant awards.
- Demonstrated ability in building capacity and providing training and technical assistance.
- Proven ability to be an effective supervisor of staff of varying levels of responsibility, when applicable.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and other appropriate software).
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Excellent communication, coaching and facilitation skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.