Fecal Sludge Management Technical Specialist – Tanzania WASH Market Systems Activity
Tetra Tech , United States
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Fecal Sludge Management Technical Specialist position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Tanzania.
The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to expand the provision and governance of WASH services through partnerships with the Government and private sector in Tanzania. Interventions aim to (i) increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency and urban water utilities; (ii) increase access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (iii) strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products and services; and (iv) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources.
Fecal Sludge Management (FSM) Technical Specialist will lead activities on FSM – sanitation systems, service delivery improvement and expansion.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
· Leading Citywide Inclusive Sanitation Service Assessments and Planning; development of town-level FSM plans/strategy roadmaps.
· Leading assessment and selection of decentralized wastewater treatment solutions (including business/management models))
· Leading/Supporting development of comprehensive business and operational plans for FSM based on feasibility assessments and business model evaluations
· Leading implementation and monitoring of decentralized wastewater treatment solutions
· Supervisory experience providing guidance on generation and use of FSM tools and databases.
· Degree in engineering, public health or other WATSAN-related fields;
· Demonstrated experience providing WASH technical input and/or advisory services related to fecal sludge management, citywide inclusive sanitation service assessment and planning, decentralized wastewater treatment technologies and systems.
· Minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing teams providing assistance on large donor-funded projects with similar scope;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written;
· Fluency in English;
· Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.