CTG, Banghazi, Libya
CTG OverviewCTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview of position
Under overall guidance of the CS Project Manager & the Project Operations Officer & the direct supervision of the Project Engineer & in close collaboration with the Resources Management Office of the Libya mission, the incumbent will be responsible for the implementation of all construction projects in Community Stabilization sub-offices in Kufra region. Activities will include providing technical advice & assessment, coordination, responding to the needs of the program, both large scale & high visibility & small scale infrastructure projects throughout the assigned geographical area. Role objectives
- Prepare technical design, architectural & structural drawing works, Bills of Quantities (BOQ) & material specifications lists & identify basic &/or special project needs.
- Assist in providing technical documentation relating to infrastructure programming.
- Support the Project Engineer in other areas on activities related to the BOQs & tendering construction projects.
- Assist in identifying appropriate mechanisms to adapt procurement policies & to tender bids to contractors or local labor.
- In coordination with the Project Operations Officer, the Project Engineer & the Resources Management Office, participate in bid opening meetings & advise the tender committee.
- In coordination with the Project Operations Officer & the Resource Management Office, assist in negotiating contracts with the selected construction companies.
- Under the guidance of the Project Engineer, track & assess technical progress of infrastructure projects vis-à-vis work plan & schedule.
- Provide regular weekly report regarding the status of projects, both technically & financially.
- In collaboration with Project Engineer, be able to identify early warning signals for potential work adjustments &/or contract variations.
- Assist in conducting market survey of construction materials at provincial level & gather information on market conditions.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor. Project reporting
This role work under overall guidance of the CS Project Manager & the Project Operations Officer & the direct supervision of the Project Engineer. Key competenciesEducation & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant engineering experience.
- Fluent in Arabic & English.
- Accepts & gives constructive criticism.
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes & policies.
- Meets deadline, cost & quality requirements for outputs.
- Monitors own work to correct errors.
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments & for any shortcomings.
- Identifies the immediate & peripheral clients of own work.
- Contributes to colleagues' learning.
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills.
- Actively shares relevant information.
- Writes clearly & effectively, adapting wording & style to the intended audience.
- Listens effectively & communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues.
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities.
- Identifies issues, opportunities & risks central to responsibilities.
- Incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Persistent, calm & polite in the face of challenges & stress.
- Treats all colleagues with respect & dignity.
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts.
- Knowledgeable about & promotes IOM core mandate & migration solutions.
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial & agreeable team environment.
- Contributes to & follows team objectives.
- Gives credit where credit is due.
- Seeks input & feedback from others.
- Actively supports & implements final group decisions.
- Excellent writing & communication skills, fluency in Arabic & English (oral & written).
- Experience in an international, humanitarian/development organization is an advantage.Team management
This role works in close collaboration with the Resources Management Office of the Libya mission. Further information