Finance and Administration Manager
Social Impact, Federacija Bosna i Hercegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Finance and Administration Manager, USAID/BiH Evaluation, Learning, Monitoring and Assessment Activity (ELMA), Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH)
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing a proposal for an upcoming long-term monitoring, evaluation, and learning support project funded by USAID/BiH. The Evaluation, Learning, Monitoring and Assessment (ELMA) Activity is the successor to USAID/BiH MEASURE. ELMA aims to support Mission MEL systems and capacity for accountability and adaptation across the Mission portfolio to maximize development impact. This activity has three components:
- Component I: Provide technical assistance to Mission and IP staff for the mission’s PMP, project MEL plans, and activity MEL plans
- Component II: Design and conduct evaluations, surveys, assessments and special studies as requested by the Mission.
- Cross-cutting Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) component.
SI is seeking a full-time Finance and Administration Manager for the ELMA activity, who will manage and oversee project finance and administration, develop financial reports, and establish and implement procedures for financial management throughout the duration of the activity. S/he will report to the Chief of Party.
This position will be based in Sarejevo. The expected period of performance for ELMA is five years, beginning in September 2019.
**Please Note: only Bosnian citizens will be considered for this role
- Manage and oversee project finance and administration.
- Establish and implement procedures for project financial management, procurement, subcontracting, and consultant contracts.
- Manage project startup and support the initial work planning processes.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Provide oversight on the onboarding process for local consultants, from identifying and recruiting them to mobilizing them for activities.
- Manage the procurement of goods and services for the project, in alignment with USAID regulations.
- A university degree in financial management, business, public administration, or a related field required.
- At least seven years of financial management or a similar experience in donor-funded programming.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded programming in a similar role is required.
- Proven ability to manage and monitor the finance and accounting needs of a diverse staff.
- Experience analyzing and monitoring the financial performance of international development programming and providing financial reports and forecasts
- Fluency in English is required.
- Must be a citizen of BiH.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls