Finance and Administration Manager
World Learning, Chaouia-Ouardigha, Morocco
World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization advancing education, systems strengthening, and inclusive development through programming around the world. World Learning seeks applications for an Administration and Finance Manager, a 16-month consultancy position. The Administration and Finance Manager will assist the Director with management of payments and other financial transactions, budgetary control, and other administrative tasks associated with the Morocco-based activities of an anticipated program promoting female youth employment.
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets, financial reports, and projection of funding needs;
- Manage the project financial operations and financial reporting; provide guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel;
- Develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures;
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices;
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with donor and World Learning policies and procedures;
- Manage the timely submission of financial reports and monthly field expenses;
- In conjunction with the Program Director, liaise with the donor on finance, administrative, and operations issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns;
- Coordinate regularly with the finance team at World Learning HQ, providing timely updates on finance matters;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or a related field; Master’s preferred;
- A minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience managing financial and contractual aspects for large USAID-funded international development projects;
- Significant experience with project financial management, including financial controls, accounting, and audit, reporting, and expense validation and reimbursement;
- Ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments, including demonstrated experience managing and supervising financial, administrative, and procurement personnel;
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards; demonstrated knowledge of rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status;
- Moroccan nationality and verbal and written fluency in French and Arabic required, English fluency preferred.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.