Finance and Administrative Specialist
Management Systems International, Iraq
MSI is designing and implementing a pilot program to develop a model for holistic support to Sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) survivors in northern Iraq, particularly Nineveh province with possible extension into other regions, in partnership with existing community structures. The project aims to strengthen the legal, health-related and psycho-social services for survivors of SGBV.
This is a local position for Iraqi Nationals only. The position will be based in Erbil.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance and Administrative Specialist will be handling MSI's financial books in the field. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing financial management oversight and technical support to MSI sub-contracting partners. S/he will report to Field Representative and will be responsible for:
- Track Payroll and Petty Cash.
- Prepare weekly and final expense report and submit to the Home Office (HO) in DC.
- Prepare the supported schedules and link them to final summary sheet. Write the appropriate explanation into the transactions if necessary.
- Answer the Home Office inquiries on the monthly expense report and provide the Home Office with required clarifications to facilitate the billing process.
- Balance the cash register, QuickBooks and the petty cash on daily basis.
- Balance the bank register according to the bank statement and the Home Office trenches.
- Reconcile the Home Office monthly wire transfer against the field office GL and clear all reconciling items.
- Responsible for the quality control of the monthly deliverables due to the Home Office.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly draft comments on the month end reports for the final review and approval.
- Responsible for on-going cash management and proactively addressing imminent cash shortages by requesting urgent wire transfers.
- Ensure sub-contracting partners set up financial systems that meet USAID requirements. Provide training and technical assistance during start up and throughout the project as needed. Explain allowable and disallowable costs.
- Responsible for reviewing financial claims of sub-contractors to ensure financial documents meet MSI and USAID requirements. Follow up with sub-contractors as needed to ensure compliance with standards.
- Meet with partners regularly to review financial documentation, ensure it meets standards and advise on necessary adjustments. Ensure documents are in order to prepare for financial audits.
- Provide support on any other finance related duties as needed.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field is required
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customer service focus.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Strong experience and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of QuickBooks, the IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Good knowledge of USAID financial rules and regulation.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in financial work.
- Technical knowledge of English.