Finance Business Partner
Save the Children , London, United Kingdom
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a permanent Finance Business Partner in London, UK. The role of the Financial Analysis and Business Partnering team is to provide high value strategic insight and effective finance partnering to key stakeholders to drive impact for children, and quality financial and business outcomes.
The role holder will be responsible for providing professional support to key SCI Centre stakeholders and Finance leadership team to deliver value adding management reporting, budgeting and forecasting. Specifically, this role will business partner the Strategy team and the Resource Mobilisation, Communication and Engagement team. The role holder will also manage the reporting and financial risks relating to SCI's investments in members.
We are looking for someone who will finally have the ambition to expand in the role and influence strategically on some key pieces relating to our global funding strategy on both institutional and private fundraising sides.
ACA, CIMA, CPA, or equivalent, or relevant experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 4 to 5 years' relevant finance and business partnering experience in a Chartered Accounting, Commercial or NGO environment.
- Well-developed analytical and business partnering skills.
- Excellent IT literacy including expertise in spread sheet modelling and.
- Proven experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Understanding of key operational and strategic considerations relating to private and/or institutional fundraising
- Ability to liaise remotely with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent stakeholder management and strategic influencing skills
- Ability to be proactive and logical in problem-solving scenarios
- Thorough - high attention to detail and takes pride in delivering accurate, high quality work
- A thorough understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines
- Conscientious and client focussed
- Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- Experienced in a multi-currency multi sector finance environment.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.