Finance Change Project Manager
RI , Roos-shire, United Kingdom
ABOUT Relief International
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
The Finance Change Project Manager (FCPM) is responsible for ‘Optimize Finance’ transformation project management and communications by assessing progress towards realization and achieving measured improvements in Finance business operations. Through change and project management principles, techniques and tools, the FCPM ensure smooth transitions to new processes and technologies for the Finance teams around the globe.
‘Optimize Finance Project’ is to build and purpose the Global Finance Department into a solid, trusted and high performing function demonstrating innovation and agile solutions for the organization. This transformational project is to shift Global Finance into a critical organizational business partner delivering accurate, insightful and timely financial management information.
Change management strategy
- Ensure the interests of the Senior Director of Global Business Transformations, Executive Steering Committee and CFO are met by the program
Effectively implement best practice change and project management tools that ensures the effective delivery of benefits through multiple transformation key initiatives
Provide essential primary support to the Senior Director of Global Business Transformation in oversight, management and performance over the project lifecycle
Work interactively throughout Finance team and stakeholder organizations, maintain the details of accountability for all project plans, develop and execute all communications and manage change plan activities
- In working with the Senior Director of Global Business Transformation, ensure that the work of the program, including the scope of each key initiative, covers the necessary requirements to deliver outcomes that lead to intended operational benefits
- Support the identification of key initiatives that contribute to realising benefits and achieving intended outcomes
- Define success metrics and measure performance and regularly provide transparency on status and progress
- Identify risks and mitigation plans for resistance to change
- Develop and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption, minimize resistance and are changes are wholly integrated into the business
Change Management Activities
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
Own and improve the communication strategy of the program
Coordinate, monitor and oversee communications, change calendars and timelines
Develop metrics to track and report on the effectiveness of all communication and change activities used
- Arrange and prepare communication and presentations for executives level staff and RI trustees to ensure an abundance of accurate and timely flow of information is maintained to senior stakeholders audiences
- Identify, define and track the benefits and outcomes required of the program
- Ensure maximum improvements are achieved into existing and new business processes as key initiatives are deployed into their operational use
- Perform financial, budget and process analyses using analytical tools such as Excel to find root cause, identify possible solutions and implement adopted recommendations
- Lead activities associated with benefits realization to ensure continued accrual of benefits are achieved and measured after the program has been completed
- Prepare affected business areas for transformation into new ways of working
- Optimize the timing of the release of key initiatives into business operations
- Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
- Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
Qualifications and Skills
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, International Development, or a related field and CPA would be preferred.
- Experience with INGOs with experience working at a country level as well as HQ levels.
- Experience in global humanitarian operations with demonstrated proficiency with government grants, public/private donors and finance management.
- Proven track record of success implementing business/ financial transformation and change initiatives enterprise-wide in INGO organizations and within fragile settings, emergencies and developing countries
- Expert in financial accounting and analysis departments
- Knowledge of relevant management and business change techniques such as business process modeling and re-engineering, e.g. Kotter Change Management, Lean, Six Sigma or other methodologies
- Ability to lead/motivate teams/ stakeholders in a positive and professional manner
- Previous expertise in field of project management though MS Teams, Office 365 products and other software used for virtual collaboration management and communications
- Strong, positive track-record of innovation and collaboration – able to work with diverse teams in diverse locations, engaging their input and commitment to success
- Good presentation skills; ability to speak effectively in large or small meetings, often virtually
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment, under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in English; written, oral and listening
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice, as required for the successful implementation of the role.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply.
To apply for this post, click on the “Apply” button in the job advert page
You will be asked to upload a CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages long and explain why you are interested in this post with Relief International and how your skills and experience make you a good fit.
Closing date. Please apply immediately we will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis, therefore may withdraw the position for the job board closing date.
Please apply by uploading your cover letter and up-to-date CV on
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note to external agencies, we will not be accepting CVs from third parties.
Relief International is committed to protecting our staff and the communities we work with from abuse and harm including sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and sexual harassment.
All staff are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Recruitment to all roles in Relief International include a criminal records self-declaration, references and other pre-employment checks, which may include police and qualifications checks.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Relief International is committed to diversity and gender equality, we strongly encourage applicants from the global south and female candidates to apply.