Save the Children, Nairobi, Kenya
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: As part of the Finance team, the finance intern will be responsible for supporting effective Financial management and administration processes for the Somalia Programme.
He/She will support Nairobi Finance team in areas of; Invoice tracking, Suppliers Accounts reconciliations, Updating DMS System other Finance Administrative duties as per SCI guidelines. The Finance intern will effectively interact with a diverse group of stakeholders, manage expectations and duties according to the agreed timelines. This role will liaise with the RO administration, logistics and finance departments to ensure a delivery of quality and timely results.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and Experience
- ccountant in training who wishes to gain some practical experience
- Recently completed or studying for a Degree in finance, accountancy or Professional Accounting qualification such as CPA/ACCA.
- Excellent computer skills especially in MS Excel spread sheets and MS Word
- Some experience with computerised accounting packages will be desirable.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to Save the Children values.