See Beyond Borders, Siem Reab, Cambodia
SeeBeyondBorder’s primary focus is to improve education standards in Cambodia by providing children with access to quality teaching and learning at school. SBB is a registered charity in Australia and the UK and operates as a registered international non-government organisation in Cambodia. Operating in several provinces in North West Cambodia, SBB conducts programs to teach teachers, improve school facilities and support and encourage children to get to school. In the work we do in schools, and in the way we run the organization, our aim is to build capability within Cambodia, so that ultimately, SeeBeyondBorders is no longer needed.
SeeBeyondBorders provides improved access to quality education with three focus areas:
- Quality Teaching - improves the quality of teaching by providing in-service professional development to existing teachers, and empowering a community of mentor teachers to provide support so that teachers embed the new skills in daily classroom activities.
- Community Engagement - improves participation at school, helping families be better prepared to embrace education through health programmes, scholarships, and sports activities.
- Systemic Capability - influences Government to promote effective reform policies and see them implemented through to at a grass roots level.
Our primary focus is in the rural areas of Battambang and Siem Reap provinces. In each case, our Quality Teaching programs form the lead initiative and are supported by our Community Engagement and Systemic Support programs according to individual school development plans, community needs, and systemic requirements.
Currently we work in 89 schools, with approximately 466 teachers and mentors in our programs, who teach and educate more than 13,555 children.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join our team in Cambodia and oversee the Finance Team.
- Budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Payments, accounting and cash administration
- Human Resources Support and Payroll
- Member of the leadership team with responsibility for staff management and department development across organisational support functions (finance, administration and operations).
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally - Recognised finance and/or accounting qualification from an institute of higher education (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent). Significant experience and working towards qualification would be an alternative.
- Ideally 5 years’ experience and strong references in a senior role reporting to financial controller.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, (Ideally Khmer ad also fluency in written and spoken English.)
- Competence in Xero, including activity code use (or similar internet based accounting software).
- Competency in Microsoft Office programmes.
- Payroll Management experience
- Project accounting experience, ideally in a development context/NGO.
- Experience managing and training of staff.