Finance Officer – Istanbul or Gaziantep
Spark , Istanbul, Turkey
Position: Finance Officer (local position)
Location: Istanbul or Gaziantep , Turkey
Application Deadline: 07 Aug 2020
Duration: One Year with the possibility of extension
Start Date: As soon as possible
Under supervision of the Regional Finance Manager (RFM) and Regional Finance Officer ( RFO) and in close coordination with Country Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for finance, administration and office management .
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare payments for the SPARK office and process all payments in the bookkeeping system.
- Responsible for all the bookkeeping tasks like Bank and Cash bookings.
- Prepare Cash and Bank Reconciliation on Monthly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation of the office instalments.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation on Monthly basis.
- Review financial reports and supporting documents of local partners on Monthly basis.
- Balance Confirmation with Local Implementing Partners on quarterly basis.
- Review Turkey staff payroll and related social insurance on monthly basis and be sure of calculation and that all costs are charged on correct budget lines.
- Review all invoices that are legally accurate and within our budgets and make sure that all the payments are properly charged to the projects in accounting system.
- Assist RFM,RFO and Finance team in HQ in all audit matters whether external, Internal , or Project audits .
- Responsible for purchase requests.
- Under the supervision of Regional Procurement Manager, work closely with the turkey team for any upcoming procurement.
- Work closely with the Regional Procurement Manager and project leads for partner’s selections and assessment.
- Prepare Budget versus spending on monthly basis for local projects.
- Work closely with certified public accountant to ensure compliance with local law.
- Track all advances on monthly basis.
- General office management and administration support.
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the organisation of all the supporting documents hard and soft copies.
- Ensure that documentation is in place for project audits
- Other tasks when required.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field.
- Background in education desirable.
- Experience in financial management and project management, especially in drawing up activity budgets and reporting to donors.
- Experience with audits is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Arabic. Turkish will be an asset.
- Organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure and travel;
- High energy, pro-active and service minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- This position is only for Turkish nationality.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience between 1100 – 1300 EUR net per month;
- Full-time contract 40h/per week with possibility of extension based on performance and available budget.
- Training opportunities