CAMRIS International, Ukraine
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Financial Analyst for the upcoming USAID/Ukraine’s Monitoring and Learning Support (MEL) Activity. This will be a five-year activity to holistically assist USAID Ukraine and Belarus in its overall monitoring, and its collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2018-2023 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) with an expected start date in 2019. The USAID MEL mechanism has two key performance objectives:
- Implementing the mission-wide Performance Management Plan (PMP) which includes monitoring strategic progress, project performance, programmatic assumptions, and operational context; evaluating performance and impact; and learning and adapting from evidence; and
- Supporting the ongoing Mission monitoring and learning needs, particularly key processes and systems that may be updated, improved, consolidated; and robust Mission capacity to sustain best practices.
- Ensure compliance and consistency with CAMRIS policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of USAID contracts and agreements.
- Analyze and present financial reports, budget to actual expenditure information and monthly and annual financial statements in an accurate and timely manner to HQ.
- Oversee all financial and project accounting and reporting.
- Maintain records and accounts of daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of files and supporting documentation to serve as evidence of transactions.
- Prepare and submit reports and required documentation in compliance with local government laws.
- Ensure cost consciousness in collaboration with the Chief of Party.
- Provide assistance to program staff and project budget preparation, as needed.
- Process cash disbursements in accordance with financial management policies and established approvals.
- Assist CAMRIS HQ with monthly yearly reconciliations, VAT reimbursements, inventory lists, etc.
- Manage all matters related to project operations and administration including all project human resources.
- Maintain long and short term personnel and consultant files.
- Provide recruitment and orientation to staff and consultants.
- Work closely with CAMRIS HQ to purchase and/or maintain adequate health and other insurance policies, etc.
- Manage office space leases to ensure compliance with payments and requirements.
- Ensure organization of financial and administrative files.
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party or CAMRIS HQ as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required, an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of related sector work experience in international development project financial and administrative leadership roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government financial rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting,
- Excellent writing and presentation ability, with demonstrated experience working constructively with high-level government counterparts.
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Experience with Ukrainian labor codes, rules and regulations is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with oversight over large international development project budgets.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and/or Russian is highly preferred.