Financial Reporting Manager (0528)
Oxfam GB , United Kingdom
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have experience in managing performance of others and helping people to develop, grow and achieve their potential?
Do you have experience of team leadership and leading through change and improvement programmes?
Do you have previous responsibility for internal and external financial reporting in a sizeable, complex non-profit organisation?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you.
This Finance Reporting Manager role will be based in the UK and the successful candidate will have the chance to be office based (Oxfordshire) or work remotely. Flexible work options are also available.
As a Finance Reporting Manager, you will be responsible for all organisational-level financial reporting activities, including internal, statutory and confederation reporting, ownership of budget and forecast production processes, year-end close and external audit coordination.
You will also oversee a team of eight who account, budget and business partner for OGB’s corporate functions, international teams and certain of its Trading activities. You will be responsible for improving the presentation of internal financial information in order to support senior leaders and trustees in taking strategic finance decisions.
What we are looking for
You will bring:
- Experience managing performance of others and helping people to develop, grow and achieve their potential, including increasing diversity and inclusion in teams and / or workplaces
- Experience of team leadership and leading through change and improvement programmes
- Previous responsibility for internal and external financial reporting in a sizeable, complex non-profit organisation
- Knowledge and practical application of relevant financial reporting standards including FRS102 and Charity SORP
- Proven senior stakeholder management skills, including effective influencing and communication of financial information to non-finance colleagues
- Robust inference abilities that enable accurate interpretation of figures and trends.
- Flexibility and ability to generate and manage change
- Strong systems thinking, as job will entail integrating elements that have historically been managed completely separately
This role will give you an opportunity to work with a group of passionate people with fair pay and competitive benefits package which include:
Flexible and/or remote working options
High rate pension plan
Career development and learning opportunities
On site nursery
Company sick pay
Additional annual leave allowances