Food Security and Livelihoods Project Manager ( only Syrian or Turkish nationality)
Takaful , Gaziantep, Turkey
General Description of the Organization:
Takaful Al Sham Charity is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of conflict affected population.
Takaful Al Sham Charity partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programs, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
FSL Project Manager
He-she will be responsible for managing and implementing an E-voucher project which will be implemented in partnership with INGO, to ensure achieving project objectives in the correct form, following up the budget spending as planned and ensuring documentation and implementation accordance to the requirements of the administration and donors, submitting periodic reports in full transparency.
Writing project proposals to develop the Response Program, ability to lead the team and conduct remote management, he-she will be responsible for providing SNFI& CBI technical support required for the project. Supervising the needs assessments for the local communities, in addition to the technical design of the project proposals for the emergency response program, providing technical guidance to the field teams and coordination of all SNFI & CBI activities of the project.
Reporting To: Emergency Response Program Coordinator
Reported to Him / Her From: Officer / coordinator project in Syria
Develop, monitor and implement project work plan according to project outputs.
Develop and monitor project budget and expenditures.
Ensure that program/project goals and plans are implemented on time and on budget and according to donor/partner/other stakeholder’s compliance requirements.
Evaluate activity progress and determine necessary actions to course correct.
Prepare all required reports related to the project / program coordinator / donors / partners.
Follow-up and exchange information regularly on everything related to the implementation of the project with the program coordinator.
Liaise with logistics, MEAL, Safety and Security, HR…. etc. and all stakeholders from Takaful Al-Sham regarding project activities implementation.
Regular travel to project sites and support the project team as needed.
Assist in writing project proposals related to the emergency response program.
Interviewing the project staff, providing appropriate support, and training after interviews.
Representing the organization in relevant working groups, stakeholders, and coordination meetings as needed, maintaining a positive, continuous, and visible presence for the organization and maintaining building and developing good relationships with partners, local authorities, and stakeholders.
The ability to assess community needs and requirements in relation to the emergency response program.
Conduct integrated needs assessments with other sectors, facilitate joint response planning, and design appropriate program interventions for emergency response (especially in protracted crises).
Experience in designing appropriate vulnerability criteria for selecting beneficiaries in the targeted area (especially for cash transferring and non-food interventions), and ensuring community participation and transparency.
Demonstrate the ability to guide and train in cash-based projects.
Compliance with codes of conduct, child protection policies and sexual exploitation.
Perform any other duties assigned to him by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in economics / business administration / engineering.
• Experience of at least three years in project management in relief non-profit organizations.
• Very good experience in expressing, implementing and evaluating program strategies in relief non-profit organizations.
· Excellent level of negotiation, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Very good knowledge of international donors terms, compliance requirements and sufficient experience in writing funding proposals, project life cycle and professional project management.
• Proficiency in working with MS Office, especially Word and PowerPoint.
• Good level of presentation skills, effective communication (verbally and in writing) and speaking with confidence.
• the ability to work under pressure.
• Very good command in English language, reading, writing and speaking.
• Work experience in managing cash-based interventions (CBI) projects in Syria, SME projects, or a similar position would be a very preferred advantage.
• Certificate in Project Management PMP or PMD