Gansu Province Lead
Palladium , Liaoning, China
Gansu Province Lead
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work withstakeholders to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90+ countries and a global network of 35,000+ technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives. Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Overview: Palladium is seeking a Gansu Province Lead for a Prosperity Fund health programme in China called Primary Care Response to COVID-19. It will promote affordable, accessible and integrated healthcare services for managing COVID-19 and epidemic-potential disease, including for vulnerable groups, through three key areas at both national and local levels. The project will focus on strengthening management of non-communicable diseases, vaccination delivery and disease notification systems. PCRC-19 will operate at the national level and in Gansu and Sichuan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The Gansu Lead will be responsible for overall leadership and management of all aspects of the project in Gansu, including relationship management, coordination of partners and stakeholders and overseeing the technical, financial, and administrative matters to achieve the project’s objectives and ensure successful delivery of the programme. Based in Gans u on a full-time basis, the Gansu Team Leader will report directly to the TL and PD and will be responsible for managing project offices and staff, and coordinating partners, in Gansu and will represent Palladium to government ministries, sub-national government at provincial and county levels, community organisations, and other key stakeholders. She/he will also work with the team to ensure that financial and operational and reporting requirements of the donor are being correctly managed and monitored in Gansu.
* Contribute to the technical and practical design of project activities and lead their delivery in Gansu.
* Contribute to the evaluation of project activities related to NCD management, vaccination delivery and disease notification systems.
* Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with relevant Palladium staff.
* Build and maintain collaborative relationships with relevant Gansu stakeholders inlcuding othher health programmes in Gansu as well as the project partners.
* Develop and promote strong working relationships and regular dialogue on programme progress and challenges with relevant project and Palladium staff (particularly with geographically isolated staff).
* Participate in meetings with FCDO when requested by the TL.
Strategy and Operational Planning
* Lead with the TL and Outcome technical leads in the preparation of Gansu- specific work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance improvement plans, and other plans as required.
* Liaise with the security team in ensuring the safety of all Palladium staff involved in the project.
* Supervise Palladium’s day-to-day field presence in areas of operation in Gansu (including the project’s facilities such as office space, equipment, and project vehicles), administration, logistics and procurement.
* With oversight from the TL, direct and coordinate the programme team in Gansu to ensure achievement of programme objectives and milestones;
* Responsibility for the development and implementation of work plans in Gansu to ensure delivery meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant.
* Ensure oversight of the implementation of PCRC-19 activities in Gansu by partners
* Work with Palladium’s team and PCRC-19 senior leadership to develop TORs for programme staff, brief and facilitate the interview and selection process for the technical staff;
* Develop and oversee the capacity of the PCRC-19 team operating in the Gansu province and line manage their performance in line with Palladium’s HR policy;
* Coordinate short term staff inputs.
* Management of programme risk in Gansu within acceptable parameters agreed with Palladium and, where required, FCDO.
* Participate in management, team and interview review meetings to enhance teamwork to create a unified vision, monitor and assess progress, and resolve bottlenecks.
* Oversight of all expenditure on activities in Gansu and ensuring accuracy of financial reporting and projections.
* Deputize for the TL or PD and lead at external stakeholder engagement events in Gansu or when requested.
* Contribute to the development and implementation plans for results measurement, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, value for money analysis and communication management in Gansu where needed.
* Stay apprised of the evolution of the local context and on how to continuously adapt the program as a result.
* Monitor implementation progress in Gansu; maintain up to date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manage, and mitigate risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate.
* Lead on maintaining the Gansu team’s awareness of FCDO policies and procedures and ensure the programme complies.
* Lead on safeguarding, environmental and D&I for the project in Gansu.
* Educated to university degree level or above in a public health related discipline, preferably holding a Masters degree; lack of academic background can be compensated by experience.
* Good knowledge of the financial and operational realities of implementing health programmes in rural areas of China and experience resolving challenges.
* Experience of piloting new approaches to health care delivery in collaboration with Provincial and County administration desirable.
* Experience in risk management.
* Expertise in a management role in complex programmes, including managing and mentoring senior members of staff. Gansu province expereince desired.
* Strong pre-existing relationships with relevant health stakeholders in Gansu.
* Expertise in building and managing programmatic relationships with high level stakeholders from government, civil society and donors involved in the Gansu health space.
* Experience working with international donors on development programmes in a management role.
* Strong understanding of governance and public administration in the Gansu province.
* Fluency in Mandarin and English is a must.
* Chinese nationals are strongly encouraged to apply