GDL Senior Partnership Communication Advisor
CAMRIS International, United States
CAMRIS International, Inc. is an international development and research firm that provides innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, economical program and research management services.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through CAMRIS International to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
This position is located in the Global Development Lab (Lab), an organization established to harness the power of science, technology, innovation, and partnership (STIP) to significantly accelerate the achievement of foreign policy and development goals. The Lab's goal is to produce development breakthroughs that truly bend the curve. Using this vision as a foundation, systematic changes needed to accelerate improvement s in development methodology will be actualized.
The Lab will achieve this vision through a two-part mission:
- produce breakthrough development innovations; and
- accelerate the transformation of the U.S. development enterprise.
To accomplish its mission, the Lab relies on three strategic imperatives. First, the Lab aims to increase the pace and scale of science, technology and innovation reforms and investments in USAID' s foreign assistance work. Second, the Lab greatly expands the opportunities for innovation, creativity and the ability to challenge long-held assumptions within the development community . Finally, the Lab is increasing the scale and scope of USAID's partnerships to extend the impact and sustainability of the Agency's work.
This position is located in the U. S. Global Development Lab (Lab), an organization established to harness the power of science, technology, innovation and partnership (STIP) and take promising innovations to global scale in order to significantly accelerate the achievement of foreign policy and development goals.
The Senior Partnership Advisor will support the technical team leaders in a range of technical and programmatic areas in Private Sector Engagement (PSE), helping to build stronger linkages between Missions and partners in the region and the Center for Transformational Partnerships (CTP).
- Leads efforts to implement the Agency’s approach for effectively engaging its partners from the private, public, philanthropic, and academic sectors.
- Supports efforts to coordinate the Agency’s group of 40 Global Relationship Managers for key corporate partners, adding new relationships managers as warranted and continuing to evolve the role of the relationship managers based on ongoing learnings and feedback from partners.
- Serves as a relationship manager for one or more global strategic partners, i.e. corporations, financial institutions, or major corporate foundations.
- Engages in data analysis and research to understand successful models for partnerships within and outside the Agency, and development of strategic recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Drafts internal and external communications and messaging related to Private Sector Engagement , including updates to Agency websites, social media presence, and communications strategies.
- Develops and executes internal and external communications plans and documents to inform Agency staff about PSE and educate the Agency on partnerships best practices.
- Coordinates engagement with multiple stakeholders from across the Agency to improve partnership processes.
- Supports facilitation and leadership of cross-Agency teams on specific partnerships initiatives.
- Develops tools and resources which enable USAID Missions and Bureaus to engage the private sector more effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborates across the PSE team in identifying and developing new models for development in alignment with the new USAID PSE Policy .
- Manages partnership communications / partner engagement for Global Development Alliances (GDA).
- Supports partner engagement, ongoing coordination, and/or activity management for a range of GDAs or other partnerships
- Serves as project manager for biannual Private Sector Engagement Forum, a major internal networking and knowledge sharing event - managing day-to-day planning and design.
- Supports the CTP team’s overall goal of building the Agency’s capacity to partner with the private sector.
- Other duties as assigned.
Collaboration and Interaction:
- Identify needs/concerns of others, determine potential solutions, resolve or redirect appropriately.
- Persuade, gain cooperation and acceptance of ideas or collaborate on significant projects.
- Resolve conflict, negotiate or collaborate on major projects
- The position requires a masters degree in related field, such as International Development, International Affairs, Communications, Economics, Public Policy, Technology, Business or related field.
- 7+ years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a team.
- Exceptional, creative and streamlined writing skills that demonstrate cognitive thinking, analytic rigor and integration of diverse thoughts and ideas.
- Self-starter attitude, willing and capable of performing internal and external outreach and developing relationships with a wide set of actors in the international development community and across the private sector, with little guidance.
- Passion for the role Information and Communication Technologies play in advancing international development objectives and driving inclusive development using mobile and digital channels.
- On-the-ground, field experience in a developing country (minimum 2 years), with knowledge of local communities.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for a “Secret” Security Clearance