Gender Advisor (Senior)
Oxfam GB, United Kingdom
Are you a gender expert who wants to contribute to social change with multinational companies?
Do you have experience of developing new business opportunities and influencing others?
Are you ready to embody the values and aspirations of a culture that is safe, feminist and partner-led?
We are looking for a Gender Advisor (Senior) at a pivotal time of transition and change for the organisation.
What you’ll be doing:
In this role, you will be responsible for playing a key role in leading on and delivering key assignments and projects for companies with a gender focus. This includes conducting research and analysis, report writing, supporting new business development as well as other support as needed.
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam's mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to the values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do and will be a role model for our feminist leadership principles.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- A self-aware leader who makes a positive impact on others
- Substantial knowledge of and work experience relating to gender justice issues including women’s economic empowerment in global supply chains, particularly in relation to multinational companies
- Strong organisational skills, including the need to be agile by responding to requests at short notice, work on multiple projects with competing priorities at the same time with the ability to meet deadlines, communicate progress on projects, create clear and succinct written reports for an external audience
- Influencing skills, with experience of developing new business opportunities, including networking and speaking at external events, spotting business opportunities, writing proposals and pitching to companies
- Experience of working with the private sector in a consultancy or advisory services role
- Excellent communication, research, writing and analytical skills
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a job share, fully or partially home based.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.