Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist – West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions De
Tetra Tech , Ghana
Tetra Tech International Development Services , headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist candidates for the USAID-funded West Africa Biodiversity and Low Emissions Development (WA BiLED) activity. The Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Specialist will be responsible for leading the implementation and monitoring the integration of gender, youth and vulnerable populations into WA BiLED activities. This long-term position is based in Accra, Ghana.
- * Develop, implement, and provide technical and managerial oversight over WA BiLED’s GYSI strategy;
- * Collaborate with members of the WA BiLED project team to integrate GYSI considerations into technical work planning, activities, reports, workshops, and leadership;
- * Design and implement gender and youth analyses, toolkits, guides and other resources
- * Contribute written input to program planning and reports;
- * Coordinate with cross-cutting services – Communications, Institutional Strengthening and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to develop and implement GYSI-responsive interventions across project activities;
- * Build capacity among staff, partners and other stakeholders around GYSI.
- * Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant technical area;
- * At least eight (8) years of experience related to gender equity and empowerment, youth engagement, and vulnerable populations inclusion, preferably in West African contexts;
- * Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, including government officials, project staff and/or donor agencies to advocate for GYSI;
- * USAID experience preferred;
- * Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
Source: : http://bit.ly/WABiLEDGYSI