Global Funding and Reporting Officer (GFRO)
DCA , Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
DCA is recruiting a new Global Funding and Reporting Officer (GFRO) for our Ethiopia Country Office.
DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for an energetic GFRO to support the DCA Ethiopia Country Office.
Who are we?
In Ethiopia we work to save lives through humanitarian action, build strong and resilient communities, and fight injustice and inequality.
DCA has been supporting food insecure communities in Ethiopia with humanitarian assistance and long-term development since the mid-1970s through local churches and faith-based organizations and has been legally registered in the country since 2004. DCA Ethiopia’s modality of implementation is a combination of co- and self- implementation and working with local partners and likeminded INGOs in consortia. It has an office in Addis Ababa and 4 field offices in Amhara, Oromia, Gambella and Afar regions. The country programme has 3 thematic areas:
Community Development with particular focus on Women Empowerment
Resilience Building and Livelihood
We work with local partners and have 100+ staffs in Ethiopia. DCA Ethiopia programme currently has a turnover of app. 10 million USD. For further information, please refer to:
About the job
The main function of the GFRO is to increase the fundraising capacity and donor income of DCA’s Country Office in Ethiopia. The GFRO is the focal point and key person responsible for 1) timely proposal development - together with partner organizations, other INGO staff and DCA colleagues as well as with relevant departments of DCA HQ ensuring that proposals are of high quality and meet donor requirements, 2) ensuring appropriate grants management of international funded projects including ensuring the quality and timely submission of donor reports in collaboration with DCA colleagues, 3) assisting in building relations and increase visibility of DCA among both donors, private sector, partners, INGOs and other key stakeholders, 4) ensuring that all funded projects meet the visibility and communication requirements of the funding agency and 5) ensuring constructive and close collaboration with relevant units and colleagues in DCA, both in Ethiopia and in DCA in Copenhagen. 6) Develops funding strategy for DCA Ethiopia. Finally, the GFRO builds the competence of DCA staff and partners to do fundraising from international as well as country-based donors.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate has:
· A university degree in international development or other related sciences as well as minimum 2-3 years working experience, preferably internationally.
· Documented successful experience in proposal development and writing, incl. excellent English writing skills.
· Knowledge of grant management of international donors including EU, ECHO, UNHCR and other UN agencies, Danida and other institutional donors.
· Knowledge of and experience in working with the partners and the private sector.
· Enjoys and is good at liaison, building relations and networking.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills with experience in engaging with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
· Flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and good at coordinating and organizing own work as well as that of the team, while managing several processes at a time. This should be combined with a strong attention to detail.
· Knowledge of DCA’s programmatic areas is an advantage.
· In addition to English, speaking and writing skills in Danish is a plus.