Global Marketing Analytics Lead
IRC , Northants, United Kingdom
The External Relations (ER) department has been created in February 2020 and is comprised of three main but complementary functional areas: Private fundraising, Communications and Advocacy. The ER department is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in private income, advocacy and brand awareness. The main objective of the department is to enable this organization of more than 12,000 staff to have the resources needed to continue serving 18 million people worldwide in places affected by war and disaster, shape the humanitarian sector by influencing key policies and reforms and build and grow IRC’s reputation.
The Global Marketing Analytics Lead will shape the strategy of marketing analytics for the Mass Market team within ER, bring our marketing data, analytics and reporting capabilities into the 21st century and be a critical thought partner to the Director of Analytics and the Mass markets leadership on how to optimize our mass markets strategy and investments based on data-driven decision making.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for the art and science of marketing; and for improving the analytical insights and technology used by marketing leaders to achieve our ambitious organizational goals. You will help address the sophisticated challenges of marketing effectiveness, return on investment, experimental design, contact strategy, donor behavior, fundraising product design, and marketing channel effectiveness.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Global Marketing Analytics Lead will be responsible to develop and implement the analytics setup and strategy for Mass Markets and Digital engagement; develop KPIs, reports and in depth analysis that enable Mass Markets teams to do better fundraising and engagement through data-driven recommendations and actionable insights; as well as lead and manage a team of 3 analytics resources.
Oversight on data and reporting
• Oversee the development and creation of reporting and dashboards, in collaboration with IT, across all markets that provides reliable insights and visualization into performance across critical metrics, inform new opportunities and strategies as needed
• Integrate external data sources (such as our delivery partners) with internal data to provide a complete view of our donors and their activity.
• Support Mass Market leads in the management and oversight of external agencies’ performance and external data suppliers where data and analysis of the IRC files are concerned
Analysis and modelling
• Mine data and analytics at the supporter level ( for all financial and non-financial supporters) to gain a better understanding of their behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies and recommend opportunities in improving supporter file size and donor’s engagement
• Support implement and analyze tests including A/B and multivariate tests to provide measurable insights on test data
• Develop quantitative analyses, ad hoc reports, and models to support marketing decision-making. Analysis areas might include (but not limited to) donor segmentation, supporter journey, lifecycle, retention, upsell, cross-sell, lifetime value, engagement and return on investment.
• Provide insights to marketing leadership on cost to acquire supporters, value of digital engagement, and cross-channel impact of media.
• Translate data insights into recommendations that will drive brand sentiment, user growth and engagement, and enhanced marketing effectiveness.
• Act as a strategic thought leader to the Mass Markets and Digital engagement teams
• Produce presentations, charts, and executive summaries that clearly communicate findings to internal partners.
• Explain sophisticated modeling approaches in simple terms and develop compelling narratives that connect data analysis with business problems
• Present findings to management to drive business and marketing decisions
• Support and deliver the frameworks and ways of working that create best support for high quality continual innovation in the digital analytics space
• Working closely with the FP&A Senior Analyst dedicated to Mass Markets, advice on the development of annual budget and on creating various scenarios of revenue projections and revenue modeling with demonstrated ROI and long term values
Coaching and development
• Lead and support a team of 3 analytics resources by sharing knowledge, ensuring best practices are used across all departments, providing coaching and professional development
• Work with integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – IRC Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director of Analytics
Position directly supervises: Digital Content Analytics Officer, Marketing Analyst – USA, Marketing Analyst – Europe and new markets
Key internal contacts: Works closely with the mass marketing and digital engagement teams globally as well as marketing platform/CRM/IT teams
Key external contacts: The position will work with our marketing vendors and will also need to work closely with IT and Finance.
Skills Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Education: BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience
• At least 7+ years of analytical and database experience, including 4+ years of marketing analytics and campaign performance experience
• Proficiency with multiple analytical and database tools, including SQL, Google Analytics and social media tools
• Excellent data visualization skills. Experience creating dashboard reporting in PowerBI or a similar visualization tool.
• Rigorous and critical thinker, able to ask probing clear questions and drive toward solutions quickly
• Predisposition towards simple and practical solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills, collegial and collaborative
• A commitment to learning - deliver impact while investing in themselves and others
• A love for data and the passion to turn it into an insightful story. Ability to convert data into decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
• Ability to work independently and in a multi-cultural environment
• Understanding of the principles and techniques of fundraising
• An interest in predictive modelling
• Understanding of MarTech
• Experience in working with non-profit organizations
• Knowledge of languages other than English