Innovations for Poverty Action, United Arab Emirates
Reporting to the Director of Grants and Contracts, the Grants Officer will work closely with the Sector teams to support their awards portfolios throughout the entire life-cycle to include review and negotiation of award agreements, compliance and financial monitoring, and contractual and financial reconciliation during award close-out. The Grants Officer will also be responsible for coordinating, preparing, and issuing agreements and modifications to subrecipients from federal and non-federal prime awards. The Grants Officer will ensure adherence of proper due diligence and subrecipient monitoring requirements. The Grants Officer will also play a key role in developing materials and facilitating trainings aimed at building the capacity of program and country staff in the area of compliance with grants and sub-award terms and conditions. Among other qualifications, the ideal candidate shall have: a) minimum of 3 years experience managing federal grants and/or contracts for international programs, preferably with at least one of those years in a compliance or finance role; b) good command of the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards as well as multilateral institutions and foundations standard terms and conditions; c) proven ability to work effectively with program teams and with a high degree of customer service orientation; d) experience drafting clear and concise guidance documents and training materials; and e) excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Monitor and manage subawards and necessary reporting/compliance requirements per donor terms and conditions.
- Provides guidance to sector staff and country offices on compliance issues on subawards and procurement.
- Develops templates and guidelines aimed at simplifying the sub-award process within our programs.
- Drafts and reviews sub-award and sub-contract agreements to ensure adherence to donor rules and regulations.
- Reviews sub-award and sub-contract expenditures and other financial analysis on a monthly / quarterly basis as required.
- Drafts guideline documents and prepares and facilitates training sessions in areas related to compliance of sub-award monitoring and procurement.
- Supports the design and implementation of IPA grants database systems, workflow processes, and procedures and procurement and sub-awarding.
- Provides backstop on review and, as needed, negotiation of grants, cooperative agreement, and contractual instruments.
- Provides backstop on review and monitoring awards and budgets during pre-award, post-award, and close-out periods to ensure compliance with award requirements.
- Assists country offices and sector staff on interpretation of OMB and CFR regulations
- Ensures sponsor prior approvals and other grants management record-keeping is filed and complete.
- Assists with financial inquiries and preparation for annual audit review
- At least three years’ experience working in a finance, accounting or grants department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Project Management or any related field.
- Knowledge of typical grant award/contractual documents such as grant agreements, subcontracts, modifications
- Experience with international, non-profit organizations (larger than $10M), as well as a multi-office, multi-national environment
- Experience with financial analysis, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budget development and forecasting
- Understanding and interpretation of OMB, CFR and US government regulations
- Proficiency in the use of financial software applications, databases, spreadsheets, including MS Office
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to build strong working relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills (oral and written communication) in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to focus on technical work and ability to work on simultaneous projects
- Attention to details, and excellent time management
- Proficiency in another language (French or Portuguese) a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite is a plus/added advantage.