IOM , Philippines
Position Title: Graphic Artist
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term-Graded, six-month with possibility of extension
Closing date: 21 Dec 2020
Salary: Php 42 000 per month net of taxes
This position will be based in Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC), Philippines and may only be filled by the country's nationals.
Under the overall supervision of the Sr. Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the National HR Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible in providing graphics design and layout services for all online publication and other promotional materials of the MAC Human Resources unit. He or she will also be accountable in ensuring that all graphics materials are in accordance with the IOM’s House style manual, layout manual and brand guidelines.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Advertising, Fine Arts or a relevant field from an accredited academic institution, with 2 years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High Scholl degree from an accredited academic institution, with 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- Certificate in computer graphic design, an advantage.
- Professional experience gained in the field of layout and graphic design;
- Work experience in international/multi-cultural and/or UN system an advantage.
- Familiarity with human resources content an advantage.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of graphic design;
- In-depth knowledge of and expertise in a wide range of Adobe Creative Suite software applications including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat, as well as Microsoft office applications.
- Creative flair and the ability to generate ideas;
- Familiarity with typography and typesetting preferred;
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and a good eye for details.