Head of Child Protection
Save the Children , Cambodia
The Head of Child Protection, FCF|REACT will lead the FCF|REACT child protection team and support and advise the Chief Party across all technical child protection and welfare issues on FCF. The Head of Child Protection will support the Chief of Party to work with NGO partners and work closely with the Cambodian government’s Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans, and Youth Rehabilitation (MoSVY) to oversee the activities of a consortium of implementing partners. Activities delivered under this project will deliver critical programmatic learning and establish a model for collective action toward an ultimate desired impact of increasing the number of children living in safe, nurturing family based care in Cambodia.
The Head of Child Protection will oversee all technical aspects on the FCF|REACT project and provide strategic technical support across the programme, including strategic advice to the Chief of Party and project team and over 20 projects across diverse partnerships and ensure technical excellence in the FCF|REACT priority areas and programming. Work will also include coordinating with government technical departments, donors, development partners, and other NGO partners
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree Social Work, Child protection, or other relevant social sciences
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding and other global policies, and to Save the Children values.
- Willingness to travel regularly and for prolonged periods to the field
- Five to seven years of senior technical experience in Child Welfare and Protection Programing, including Deinstutionalisation and provision of quality Alternative Care for Children ;
- Experience implementing USAID and/or EU program/project implementation, preferably in Child Protection or OVC programs
- Extensive experience of management of Child Welfare and Protective Services, preferably with experience in management of Fostering and Adoption Services, and experience in Case Management systems development
- Demonstrable experience working with government on care reform
- Experience in, and a commitment to, the implementation of robust performance management and staff capacity building and professional development;
- Experience of managing the project cycle, including assessments, project design, proposal and report writing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Highly developed research, analytical, monitoring and evaluation, and report-writing abilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong understanding of the UN Guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children and commitment to family based care
- Good knowledge of care system in Cambodia
- Experience in managing fostering and adoption services
- Experience of developing effective working relationships including successful advocacy and influencing with a range of stakeholders from government agencies, international organisations, donors, academics and opinion-leaders, to community based and grass roots organizations
- Excellent research, analytical, monitoring and evaluation and report writing skills
Contract length: Fixed term
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and apply as link this link.
Please help to submit your salary / package expectations with your application.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.