Head of Programme
DCA , Bangladesh
DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for one energetic and experienced Head of Programme (HoP) to manage its country programme in Bangladesh. The bulk of the programme consists of DCA’s humanitarian response to the influx of Rohingya refugees in Cox’s Bazar. The position is based in Cox’s Bazar.
DCA is a Danish humanitarian, non-government and non-profit organisation working in Bangladesh with partners since the 1970s. DCA has an office in Dhaka and established an office in Cox’s Bazar in December 2017 in response to the influx of Rohingya refugees. The country programme has four main components: Gender-Based Violence and Protection, Education in Emergency, Camp improvement and Emergency Response, and Cash and Livelihood programming. The DCA Bangladesh programme currently has a turnover of 4 million USD. The office consists of 175 national and 3 international staff including the Head of Programme.
The HoP works directly under the supervision of the CD. As HoP you will be responsible for supervising and developing the capacity of the programme team with five members of staff reporting directly to you. You will be responsible for the planning, implementation and management as well as the achievements of the goals and objectives of the programme in a timely and cost-effective manner with adherence to technical quality standards and donor guidelines. Together with the CD, you will lead and inspire the strategic directions of the programme, ensuring synergy between its different components as well as high quality, accountable and innovative programme implementation. You will identify fundraising opportunities, coordinate and write applications to donors, oversee reporting and build partnerships to sustain a continuous growth of the programme.
- At least three years of previous work experience in leadership and result-based management position in an equivalent position and similar sized NGO
- University degree, or the equivalent work experience, with advanced training/courses either in management, international relations, development studies, or other related fields,
- Extensive project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in humanitarian and development Programmes
- Experience with both direct project implementation as well as implementation through local partners.
- Proven track record in team management
- Proven experience in the development of strategic plans and objectives
- Experience in GBV/PSS, Education, Livelihood and cash-based programming a plus
- Practical and extensive financial, HR, Procurement and administration management experience
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and track record in working in host government relations
- Experience with successful proposal writing as well as managing grants from various donors, in particular UNFPA, UNICEF, Danida, and a track record in programme development
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a challenging environment
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English is a must
- Experience of working in Bangladesh and Knowledge of local language would be an added advantage.
For further information, please contact Rachel Thompson, DCA Bangladesh, Country Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are expected to be held the week starting 22nd November 2020. *However, interviews can be held on a rolling basis and DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Expected starting date no later than 1 January 2020 – though earlier would be preferred. The contract is for one year with the possibility of extension dependent on available funding. Terms and conditions for expatriates are as per the DCA Handbook for Non-Family duty stations.