Head of Support - Colombia
Norwegian Refugee Council, Bogota, Colombia
Are you a competent strategic thinker who is good at seeing solution and bringing people together to solve problems?
Are you able to quickly understand challenging operational dilemmas and see solutions?
Do you have experience in managing support functions such as HR, logistics, finance and IT?
Are you motivated by working for a humanitarian organization that helps people who flee their homes because of conflict, violence or desperate living conditions?
Would you like to work closely with colleagues working directly with NRCs programs in Latin America to ensure smooth delivery of essential services?
Are you able to ensure that we focus on recruiting and keeping well motivated competent staff and managing our finances well?
If you can do all the above with energy and a good sense of humor we would like to hear from you.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) established operations in Colombia in 2003 and is now a well-established regional programme covering Colombia, Panama, Ecuador and Honduras. We work with internally displaced people, people in need of international protection and people fleeing violence, by providing Protection, Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance, Education, Shelter, Food & Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene and Emergency response. Through our programmes, we both respond to sudden onset emergencies and promote durable solutions in protracted and complex emergencies.
The Head of Support reports to the Country Director.
- Line management for support managers such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics (incl. ICT)
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Facilitate the support functions strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
- Responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
- Responsible for development of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Responsible for organisational learning related to programme support
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Allocation of resources and costs expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in Latin-America in general, specifically in Colombia, Ecuador, Panama and Honduras
- Knowledge of Portuguese an asset
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimise results
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability