Adventist Development and Relief Agency International, 'Adan, Yemen
The primary function of the Health Coordinator includes supporting the Health Officers in the implementation of health activities, reporting and reinforcing the capacity of the technical staff through day-to-day supervision, mentoring and coaching as well as training. Support the Senior MEAL officer and Deputy Programs Manager with the required reports on time. The Coordinator Provides Professional technical operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the Medical programs/project.
The “: Health Coordinator” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Evelop Health Sector Technical Plans of action and emergency plans over the course of program Implementation and report to the Program Implementation Manager
- Ensure an easily communicated information flow is established to reach health teams, implementing partners, local authorities and USG Programs Implementation Coordinator in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that Health activities are implemented based on the project framework and DIP, responsible for tracking progress against indicators and identifying and overcoming delays.
- Guide Health team during assessment of implementation feasibility to ensure effective and efficient assistance reaches beneficiaries.
- Supervise Health team from beginning to end and ensure timely completion of tasks at planning, training, implementing, distribution and monitoring phases.
- Oversee M&E team designs forms that enable the collection of valuable data for tracking inventory, and patient admission and discharge in supported health facilities and mobile clinics.
- Displays adequate knowledge, creativity and innovation during contribution to the planning and preparation of a range of special projects in humanitarian health sectors.
- Review health activity reports to ensure soundness prior to submission to Program Coordinator and Donors.
- Work in cooperation with all the staff members, community health volunteers, visitors, local authorities, cluster implementing partners, and donors and ensure adherence to ADRA and USAID standards, practices, regulations and policies.
- Active search for opportunities to integrate project health activities.
- Represent project at Health cluster meeting at the national and sub-national level and present project accomplishments accompanied by graphical visual aids during cluster and partner meetings, workshops, and trainings. This includes ensuring project activities are mapped cluster-wide.
- Active search for donor opportunities to assist in the supply of medication and relevant equipment to health facilities, ensure aid is compatible with the minimum service package.
- Act as main focal point in coordinating with health cluster partners, WHO, UNFPA and Ministry of Public Health prior to implementation of health activities and ensure effective and efficient activities which avoid duplication of assistance are approved.
- Lead the development, implementation and review of supported health facility quality assurance mechanisms and processes for health sector projects.
- Work collaboratively and authoritatively with ADRA programs, health, field, and M&E teams, including the provision of training and guidance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Completed university degree (Bachelor) in medical or health related fields.
- Relevant professional experience in humanitarian affairs, minimum service package, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development or other related areas.
- Proven abilities in information analysis and strong English drafting abilities.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving skills and ability to make sound judgment to ensure the effective and timely completion of complex tasks;
- Ability to work under pressure, on occasion in a highly stressful environment;
- Good knowledge of institutional mandates, politics and guidelines pertaining to humanitarian affairs and knowledge of the USAID rules and regulations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- bility to coordinate their work with others, work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic required