Health & Nutrition Program Manager -[National only]
Save the Children , Hanoi, Vietnam
To provide overall leadership in development and management of health and nutrition program and coordination for the delivery of technical support to the program including representation in health and nutrition sector. To serve as member of ESMT (Extended Senior Management Team), representing health and nutrition theme, providing support to SMT in management decision making. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Review recent development in H&N sector and determine potential areas that SC could focus for its program development
- Provide support to Director of PDQA in developing strategic direction for H&N by strengthening the health and nutrition thematic strategy elements of it in coordination with relevant project managers involved in this sector
- Keep abreast of SCI global strategy and any relevant international development on H&N and determine its applicability to Vietnam context
- In coordination with Awards Manager, explore and maintain relationships with SC members with interest in H&N and work closely with Technical Assistance (TA) team from SC members and SCI for program development
- Take lead in developing project proposals, with supports and coordination from Award Manager and Director of PDQA, in coordination with Area Manager(s) and other Project Managers involved in education projects and with Finance team to develop project budget
- Provide support to Award Manager in H&N portfolio fund raising in coordination SC members designated staff and TAs
- Take the lead in developing SCiV strategic direction in H&N sector by reviewing the CSP, by developing the thematic strategy and by introducing innovations in coordination with Director of PDQA, Area Manager(s) and staff involved in H&N program
Project Management and Technical Support
- Directly oversee or in coordination with Area Manager(s) the implementation of H&N projects. Be responsible in ensuring quality in the delivery of project activities ensure MEAL system is in place within the projects(s). Identify any emerging issues affecting project implementation and determine solutions in consultations with DPI and Area Manager(s).
- Provide direct technical support to project staff and implementing partners in the implementation of planned project activities and facilitate the delivery of technical assistance from SC member TA during project implementation
- In coordination with Awards Manager, monitor the project reporting requirements and facilitate the preparation of project report. Be responsible in ensuring that the report is of high quality and technically reviewed by Director of PDQA before submission to SC member supporting the project.
- Be res ponsible for the H&N theme in the Country Annual Plan, Country Strategic Plan and Country Annual Report with support from Project Managers of H&N project.
- Line manage the staff on designated projects and Project Managers of projects under H&N program, making sure that each staff has clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities and there is synergy among members of the team.
- In coordination with Area Managers identify H&N program core staff and ensure the continuity of their services to guaranty program quality delivery.
- Work together with line managed staff to identify clear performance objectives and capacity building plan. Support and motivate staff to achieve their performance objectives and with support from HR team undertake the periodic performance review
- Act as Budget Holder for the designated projects. Provide support to Finance team in preparing budget phasing and monthly forecast according to approved annual budget for both SC managed budget and sub-grants in coordination with Area Manager(s), program staff and implementing partners
- Support H&N Project Managers in identifying any issues related to projects’ budget and determining solutions in coordination with FSSD, DPI and Area Managers.
- Ensure that SCI finance and procurement policies and procedures are strictly followed by project staff and implementing partners. Report FSSD any suspected violation of SCI finance and procurement policies and procedure for proper investigation.
Advocacy and Communications
- Collaborating closely with PDQA Director in defining, delivering, and measuring effects of advocacy and communications strategy for H&N program
- Collaborate with other thematic leads to ensure that thematic advocacy objectives are included into H&N program work as appropriate
- Collaborate with Communications team in production of communication materials related to H&N program
Representation, Partnership and Networking
- Represent SC Vietnam in relevant H&N forum or theme groups both locally and internationally and within SCI. With support from Communication team, increase and maintain the visibility of SC Vietnam in H&N sector.
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with local implementing partners such as government agencies (province and district levels) and CSOs for successful project implementation and ensure that government laws, policies and procedures are complied during project implementation (e.g. MoU, project approval from local authority)
- The Organisation
- We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
Closing Date for Application: 10 Sep 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.