Human Resources Business Partner (Maternity Leave)
Save the Children , United States
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Human Resource Business Partner (Maternity Leave cover for 10 Months) in London UK. Drawing on unique knowledge as people professionals, work closely with managers to help build organizational and people capabilities, ensuring we are legally compliant and supporting the implementation of the People and Organization Strategy. Understand SCI's strategy, direction of travel and employee needs in order to deliver people solutions, which help to achieve SCI's objectives and enable employee happiness and growth.In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly
CIPD qualified or equivalent overseas qualification
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good organisational planning skills and a proven ability to work with a large degree of independence, managing own workload and priorities and identifying opportunities to add value to the business.
- Proven record of accomplishment of change management within a multi-disciplinary and multi-site organisation.
- Adaptable and flexible and be able to manage changing priorities.
- Supporting and influencing others, enabling effective working as a member of a team and in collaboration with staff and volunteers with full commitment to organisational goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative style and approach, and ability to work effectively across cultures.
- Interpersonal awareness including listening and being able to consider different perspectives.
- Building relationships with team, managers, staff and volunteers.
- Proven experience of managing a wide range of UK employee relation's casework and operating successfully in an advisory capacity with a generalist approach.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen, ensuring that HR policy or development activity addresses the business needs, providing consistent, business relevant advice to senior line managers and other HR staff.
- Proactive with plenty of initiative.
- Knowledge and good understanding of diversity issues including some understanding of issues around gender, age, cultural sensitivity and a commitment to SCI's values and principles of equal opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and an excellent communicator with a high level of written and verbal English.
- Strong IT Skills
- Enthusiastic individual who has a positive attitude and is comfortable dealing with employee relations issues.
- Previous experience being involved in HR project work
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, confidence to communicate appropriately with clients at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Experience in a UK generalist HR role within a large, complex global organisation.
- Sound knowledge of UK employment law and HR best practice across the full spectrum of HR activity including working with external counsel
- Experience of reviewing and drafting HR policies, procedures and guidelines and of developing and implementing systems (including IT systems).
- Experience of working closely with specialist HR staff including Reward, L&D & Recruitment Specialists.
- Awareness of good HR practice in relation to child safeguarding.
- Strong eye for detail, particularly when issuing/drafting legal documents e.g. secondment agreements, employment contracts.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve