Humanitarian and Transitional Aid Coordinator
CBM , Kenya
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM International is now looking to recruit a:
Main objective of the role:
To support sound project implementation and portfolio development, ensuring high quality and timely donor reporting for humanitarian and transitional aid projects.
We are looking for someone who will
· Support project development (e.g. participating in planning workshops, supporting the elaboration of project proposals and planning documents)
· Support CBM country offices in management, monitoring and evaluation of approved (co-)financed projects according to respective donors’ guidelines
· Undertake joint project monitoring visits with country offices and/or other relevant CBM teams
· In collaboration with country offices, ensure timely, high quality financial and narrative reporting to various institutional donors, such as the German FFO as well as German BMZ, in the respective donor formats and systems
· Ensure that proposals for project changes are in line with institutional donors regulations and CBM internal decision-making processes
· Ensure that financial and administrative processes comply with respective institutional co-funding regulations.
· Build up humanitarian and transitional aid expertise at partner and country office level and incorporate and anchor this knowledge into CBM’s project work and staff members.
· Liaise closely with donor contact persons in charge of projects and keep abreast with current updates on donors’ guidelines.
· Whenever required, make presentations at donor events and coordinate project visits with donor representatives.
· Support CBM country offices to keep regular contact with in-country institutional representatives of current and potential donors (e.g. German Embassy, EU Delegation, ECHO, UN-OCHA).
· Represent CBM externally at regional level in the humanitarian field with selected key fora, partners and donors
We are looking for someone who has
· Relevant academic degree and qualifications (project management, social sciences, humanitarian action).
· 5 years of proven professional experience in humanitarian programme and /or transitional aid management.
· Knowledge and/or experience with various governments/funders/donors
· Excellent knowledge and experience in PCM, including mainstreaming gender, age and disability in the programme cycle
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation
· Sound financial and administrative management skills in the non-governmental organisation (NGO) context, especially on compliance and prevention of fraud and corruption in humanitarian aid interventions
· Experience in working together with regional and local partner organisations
· Track record of successful and empowering capacity building of regional and local partner organisations
· Knowledge of Disability Inclusive Development, humanitarian and transitional aid
· Knowledge of the regional humanitarian context and related emerging trends, including policy developments at national, regional and global levels
· Previous experience engaging with the German Federal Foreign Office (FFO) and German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) as donors.
· Commitment to CBM’s Code of Conduct including organisational policies
· Flexibility to travel to the field at short notice