Humanitarian Response Manager
Save the Children , Dakar, Senegal
The Humanitarian Response Manager will provide additional operational capacity for Preparedness and Response support to large categorized humanitarian response outside of the country response team. This capacity will support the country offices teams with the following main functions:
- To provide and/or identify support needed for a categorized response,
- To ensure quality, including adherence to Save the Children standards and procedures as well as application of processes and decisions agreed through the management line, and
- To aid coordination and information flow, ensuring that the right information is passed between the response team and the wider organization while minimizing the demands on the response team.
While the primary responsibility for response implementation lies with the Humanitarian focal points reporting to Directors of Program Operations, backstops are expected to support WCA Head of Humanitarian with the management line in holding the Humanitarian and Operations teams and relevant Country Director(s) accountable by flagging key issues and risks through the management line and through being delegated to support the response team in ensuring implementation of agreed decisions.
Educated to first degree level or relevant commensurate professional experience
Experience And Skills
- Excellent organization, planning, communication and coordination skills.
- Relevant experience of working in humanitarian teams/programmes and/or being deployed to humanitarian responses.
- Prior experience working in challenging circumstances (including long hours at little or no notice in the event of a major, sudden onset emergency)
- Experience of ensuring adherence to organisational policy, practice and systems which ensures compliance with legal/regulatory requirements and organisational risk management standards.
- Experience as a champion and advocate of good Child Safeguarding and Anti-Harassment practice.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and develop new ways of working.
- Highly developed relationship building, influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable working style; effective when working in situations that may appear ambiguous.
- Clear thinker who remains calm and focussed when working under pressure, with experience in delivering results in exceptional circumstances.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French (both verbal and written).
- Quality focussed with strong attention to detail.
Contract length**: 01 Year** Contract type**: National
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.