UNOPS, Valencia, Spain
THIS IS A LOCAL POSITION FOR WHICH ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ARE SPANISH OR EUROPEAN UNION CITIZENS OR APPLICANTS WHO POSSESS A VALID RESIDENCE AND WORK PERMIT IN SPAIN ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION *
This position is in the Operations Support Division (OSD), Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT). OICT provides enterprise-wide oversight of Information Communications Technology (ICT) programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat's overall ICT strategy in support of the Organization's mission. OICT is also responsible for the delivery of projects that satisfy the requirements of the UN Secretariat, United Nations Global Service Center (UNGSC), field missions and other supported entities. OICT has implemented a range of infrastructure and application systems and tools to address the principal requirements of its clients to support and enhance the processes UN undertakes.
UNOPS is expected to continue to provide ICT services and will focus on enhancing the Unite Aware, a suite of applications built on various open and closed source technologies in the areas of content management, GIS, analysis, reporting and business intelligence.
The incumbent of this position will be a UNOPS personnel under its full responsibility.
Under the overall supervision of the UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the ICT Associate will be responsible for collaborating with the Unite Aware team on the development of the required solutions to address business needs and work directly under the Solutions Architect. The incumbent will:
- Validate functional requirements integration;
- Actively contribute ideas and approaches during design sessions with other developers;
- Contribute to tracking relevant technologies and solutions for improvements;
- Implement solutions for the integration of platforms and applications;
- Perform API Management for different tools;
- Implement message routing strategies;
- Manage high availability queue systems;
- Perform manual and automated testing techniques to ensure the proper performance of deliverable functionalities, providing test cases and avoiding regressions;
- Support in the deployment and maintenance of the infrastructure;
- Support in the development of concepts proposed for implementation in addition to, or as a replacement of, existing solutions;
- Support the creation of user and project documentation;
- Contribute to the tracking and reporting times and efforts invested on the assigned tasks. Knowledge on Atlassian products is highly desirable (Jira, Confluence);
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above
Monitoring and Progress Controls
The result of work of the ICT Associate impacts directly on delivery of services that satisfy the requirements of the Department as well as the performance of the services implemented in the field missions and headquarters. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest of the industry standards. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities for all global locations are in line with the overall business targets and UN policies, rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required;
- A University degree or technical/professional diploma in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering or related field is an asset or advantage and may replace some of the required number of years of experience.
b. Work Experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of ICT, Information Systems, or other related fields.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in APIs management and rest services.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience on Java EE and Tomcat
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with Apache ActiveMQ and Apache Camel.
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak) is required for this post.
- Knowledge of one or more official UN languages will be considered an asset.