India Data Coordinator
One Acre Fund, Bihar, India
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund in our African countries.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
As an organization, we constantly seek to impact more farmers. In India, this work started in 2018. The Data Coordinator role is part of a small team based in Motihari, Bihar. This teams purpose is to successfully establish the One Acre Fund model in India. We are starting small but aim to scale rapidly within the next few years.
The Data Coordinator will report to the India Impact Lead and mainly support the development of surveys, data gathering efforts and effective management of the M&E field team. More specifically, this role includes: creating and testing surveys on CommCare software, monitoring and managing data quality, and executing basic data cleaning and analysis. By constantly developing, gathering and analyzing data about the programs impact on farmers lives, the start-up will be in a position to scale much more quickly.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Survey Planning & Preparation
Support Impact Lead in developing the annual Project Management Dashboard, detailed project plans and project calendars.
Participate and actively contribute to survey development and design.
Manage translation of surveys into Hindi and translation review.
- Prepare survey training guides
Manage all components of CommCare survey design:
Program survey in CommCare with strong display and validation conditions
Standardize variable names (logical and short)
Manage survey testing process (tablet and field)
- Manage cases in CommCare
- Prepare survey participant lists
- Code relevant survey management tools using CommCare
- Determine M&E team staffing needs
- Create KPI-related reporting tools including dashboards
- Ensure that the M&E field teams survey tool needs are met
Manage and maintain the India program CommCare application
Manage mobile users
Manage/delete test applications and/or exports
Manage KPI process
Use CommCare to generate KPIs
Update the KPI dashboard weekly
Analyze results and resolve discrepancies
- Produce weekly reports on field comments/observations for the operations team
Manage Back Check process
Select back check questions and program in CommCare
Analyze results for performance evaluations
Monitor follow-up actions
Manage Data Quality and Monitoring process
Select data check questions
Produce weekly data check reports
Analyze results for performance evaluations
- Monitor follow-up actions
- Conduct field visits
- Able to address most challenges and ad-hoc problems independently
Export data from CommCare
Create export in CommCare
Export data from CommCare to Excel
Create summary statistics/codebook
Set maximum and minimum value checks for key variables in Excel
Translate and convert Hindi data text into English
Create mid-survey summary report
Update or edit existing Excel report/dashboard
Build new report
- Summarize key findings
- Summarize key recommendations
- Manage and create presentations for M&E field team
Inventory, Asset & Budget Management
- Establish inventory/asset management system.
- Develop inventory management dashboard and related tools/trackers.
- Manage procurement and ensure overhead costs are tracked and within the budget.
- Report on overhead-related expense amounts.
- Establish knowledge management systems.
- Consolidate documents used for each survey/project undertaken and update Global M&E folders as required.
- Make regular updates to shared files (e.g. shared management files, policies, etc).
- Provide internal and external training and mentorship opportunities to the M&E field team.
- Track and report on all M&E Controls (e.g. inventory, back checks, data quality, etc).
- Develop process documentation for existing and any newly developed processes.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. Youll have weekly check-ins meetings with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Youll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a demonstrated passion for social development, agriculture and technology. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Undergraduate degree in Management, Economics, Statistics or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in M&E and survey operations with data management and/or data processing and analysis, especially in a demanding environment such as rural agriculture required.
- Hindi fluency required (verbal and written); English strongly preferred (verbal and written); Bhojpuri desirable.
- Strong quantitative skills and experience with data collection and analysis tools such as CommCare, ODK, Stata, R or similar software is an asset.
- Strong communication skills, as you will be interacting with farmers as well as local and global team members and senior leadership.
- Time management, personal organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and deliver results.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of Google Suite also needed.
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic. Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Willingness to live in Motihari full-time, close to our farmers, with an expectation to progress professionally as this is a long-term, career-track role.
Preferred Start Date
As Soon As Possible
Motihari, Bihar, India
Compensation and Benefits
Commensurate with experience
Sponsor International Candidates
No;Must have existing rights to work in India. Bihar-based candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.