Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance Programme Development Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Bangui, Central African Republic
NRC is looking for an Information Counselling and Legal Assistance Programme Development Manager in Bangui.
NRC initiated country operations in CAR in 2014, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. The programme portfolio includes all five core competencies of NRC. ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), Food Security, WASH, Shelter and Education, as well as Protection and Community Based Planning programmes.
The purpose of the Programme Development Manager (PDM) is to be responsible for design, develop and implement the Information, Counselling, and Legal Assistance (ICLA) program in the Central African Republic (CAR). Since 2014, the programme has focused on promoting and protecting Housing, Land and Property (HLP) rights for vulnerable populations affected by displacement. The civil documentation has been launched since 2017 and is part of ICLA activities. The programme works at a community level including awareness raising, training, and building Collaborative Dispute Resolution (CDR) methods, as well as at regional and national levels, addressing legal frameworks and other structural issues.
The PDM ICLA reports to the Head of Programme.
- Develop ICLA Core Competence (CC) strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs;
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidelines, tools, and handbooks;
- Responsible for the development and management of funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports;
- Overall management of project staff;
- Coordinate and manage ICLA project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Expertise in legal assistance (collaborative dispute resolution methods, HLP rights, and civil documentation issues are strong assets);
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiate action and change
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: June 2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Grade: 9 in NRC's grade structure.
- Duty station: Bangui , with frequent travels in the field. Bangui is a non-family posting. Travel outside Bangui is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location