Information Systems Assistant
UNOPS, Valencia, Spain
This is a position in UNOPS for supporting projects carried out for the United Nations Secretariat. The incumbent of this position will be a staff member of UNOPS under its full responsibility. Within the ESS/New York programme, this post will report to the Lead Web Developer in the Web Services Development Group in architecting and developing Drupal websites. S/he will assist with customization or development, as well as maintainance of Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 modules and libraries; will assist with the requirements gathering and review; assist with the migration of existing websites from a variety of WCMS platforms to UN standards based Drupal 7 and 8 websites; will assist with incident and problem resolution with Drupal websites.
The Information Systems Assistant - Drupal Developer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist with the development and the maintenance of full-life cycle implementations of Drupal-based solutions providing support to a focus on maintainability, reliability, scalability, security, and performance.
- Assist Manager with the performance of site-building activities, including assistance with creating and modifying views, contexts and blocks to match functionality specified in wire frames and designs.
- Provide assistance to the theme of responsive Drupal 7 and 8 websites and applications as per UN branding, accessibility, and multi-lingual standards.
- Help the Information Associate with the work related to the evaluation of user requirements, designs, and wire frames during the design and user experience phase.
- Support the preparation of technical documentation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary education (HS diploma); a first university degree may replace the required number of years of experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in providing assistance to design, development, implementation and maintenance in developing Drupal 7 or Drupal 8 web sites.
- Experience in assisting with the development of responsive websites using frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Proficiency in using Git for source control management.
- Experience with Agile project development and product delivery.
- Experience with REST API integrations
- Experience with MySQL and MariaDB databases.
- Ability to analyse requirements and write detailed technical / functional specifications.
- Ability to communicate software and system design architectures using tools like Visio and UML.
- Knowledge in automated testing, automated deployment processes, and continuous integration.
- Knowledge of cloud-based services, cloud architecture and information security;
- Supplemental training courses/technical certificate in information technology or other related fields.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Knowledge of project management methodologies such as PRINCE2.
English (written and spoken) is required for this post. Knowledge of one or more official UN languages will be considered an asset.