Intern - Opportunity Development
Pact, Washington, United States
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Business Operations (BUS) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. Business Operations, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Simplifying internal processes; Advancing Country Office Operational Character; Strengthening operations competencies across Pact’s country
The Opportunity Development Intern will be part of Pact’s Opportunity Development team, contributing to Pact’s business/proposal development efforts. S/he will contribute to the knowledge management function of the Opportunity Development team; contribute to relevant research; and support Proposal Managers in development of proposals and business strategies. This is an excellent opportunity for an internship to work on diverse initiatives with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment and to learn the process of proposal development for donor-funded programming in international development.
- Business Development Research (30%):
- · Support research related to specific proposal initiatives (country context, existing projects, implementers, beneficiary profiles, key stakeholder analysis, etc.).
- Support research on donor funding trends (donor publications and data) and the competitive environment as related to said donors.
- Support preparation of scoping trips for technical leads, senior leadership, and business development staff.
Business Development Knowledge Management (30%):
- In collaboration with members of the Opportunity Development team as well as technical and program teams, support the development and cleanup of opportunity and contact databases, ensuring all information is of high quality, up to date, and easily accessible to relevant teams.
- In collaboration with members of the Opportunity Development Team, help develop a set of up-to-date quality, user-friendly business development tools and resources that are accessible to relevant teams.
- Proposal Development (30%):
Support development of proposals by drafting inputs for corporate capability, past performance, staffing sections, and annex information.
- Prepare updated set of master capabilities documentation to support proposal development efforts.
- Special Initiatives (10%):
- Support special/ad hoc initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Interest in international development
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- ompetence using common desktop applications, including MS Office, Adobe and Salesforce
- Fluency in English
- Enthusiasm and drive to complete diverse assignments in a fast-paced environment
- master’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience in international development· Experience in business development with international development organizations
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.