UNDP - United Nations Development Programme, Liberia
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women’s goal in Liberia is to promote women’s human rights and gender equality which are key aspects in sustaining and furthering achievements in stability and development. In this regard, its programming in the Country is connected to four (4) corporate priority areas: women’s leadership and political participation; enhancing women’s economic empowerment (WEE); engaging women in all aspects of peace and security processes (WPS), advancing women’s rights to live free from violence (VAW) and Gender Responsive Governance. In addition, UN Women coordinates and promotes the UN system’s joint work in advancing gender equality.
UN Women Liberia Country Office is looking for a professional graphic designer Consultant to design and format various communication and publication materials as needed. The Consultant will not be engaged on full-time basis but only when required by UN Women Libera Country Offic
Duties and Responsibilities
Objectives of the assignment
The main objective of this consultancy is to design and produce communications materials (e.g. factsheets, policy briefs, flyers, pocket folders, etc.) The Consultant will on a graphical basis layout the knowledge products to ensure state-of-the-art design and ensure that information in the publications, brochures and factsheets and other materials is coherent with UN Women’s global branding guidelines.
Scope of work and tasks
Under the overall guidance and management of the UN Women Peace and Security Specialist and supervision from the Communication Officer, the Consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Layout and design publication materials
- Design brochures, leaflets, booklets and newsletters
- Design Posters/event signage, infographics
- Design Social media banners/ Facebook cover photos including for Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn etc.
- Design calendars, tote bags, t-shirts, etc.
- Ensure consistency of branding across all visuals
- Ensure that knowledge products and communication products follow corporate guidelines
- Prepare power point templates
Duration of the assignment
- The duration of the assignment is 200 working days. The potential Consultant is expected to commence work on the 13 May 2019 and will end on the 13 May 2020
- UN Women will not be committed to purchasing any minimum quantity of the Services, and purchases will be made only if there is an actual requirement upon the issuance of a Purchase Order based on this retainer contract. UN Women shall not be liable for any cost in the event that no purchases are made under this retainer contract.
The following deliverables are expected from the successful candidate.
- knowledge products and publications designed
- Brochures, leaflets, booklets, newsletters
- Social media banners/ Facebook Cover page, including Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn.
- Posters/event signage, infographics
- Power point templates
- Event invitations
- Calendars, tote bags, t-shirts, etc.
Upon receipt of the deliverables and prior to the payment, the deliverables and related reports and documents will be reviewed and approved by UN Women. The period of review is one week after receipt.
- UN Women will provide the Consultant with background materials relevant to the assignment.
- The Consultant is expected to work using his/ her own computer.
- Consultant’s performance will be evaluated based on: timeliness, responsibility, initiative, communication, accuracy, and quality of the products delivered.
Required Skills and Experience
Required experience and qualifications
The Consultant should fulfill the following requirements:
- University degree, preferably in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, and related fields;
- Advanced skills in computer-based design.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in design works including graphic design, layout, production of publications, online publishing and communications;
- Proven expertise in branding, graphic design, information design, illustration, photo treatment, vector art and digital design;
- Familiarity with gender equality and women’s issues is highly recommended;
- Strong track-record in producing graphic designs of high-quality;
- Familiarity with the UN documentation format and systems is an asset;
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use graphic design software.
- Proficiency in oral and written English.