International Electoral Administrator
CTG Global , Hiran, Somalia
Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- The position will be part of a 3 person team that will make up the core lead for international support to the electoral management body, the National Electoral Commission of Somaliland (NEC) as per below below TOR which will be carried out from an embedded position with NEC.
- Operational day to day support: The IEA will provide day to day process management support to NEC & to the international technical experts. S / He will be embedded with the Director of Operations, but accessible to & guided by the chairman & commissioners.
- Coordination of international experts: The team of International Electoral Specialists, which could include (a) Civic Education Specialist (b) IT Specialist & (c) Training Specialist, will be coordinated & supported by the IEA under the leadership & direction of NEC.
- Embedment management: The IEA will ensure that all external expertise is embedded with specific NEC counterparts & will provide any trouble shooting support to ensure optimum engagement between NEC & the experts.
- Stand in support: The IEA will provide stand in support (during expertise absences) for all International Electoral Experts, as well as facilitate coordination between experts to ensure consistency of approach & full coverage of key areas.
- Mentorship: The IEA will be accessible to the NEC Chair, other Commissioners & key staff to provide mentorship, transfer of knowledge & institutional strengthening.
- Monitoring: All plans & budgets will be monitored by the IEA (in direct coordination with NEC), to ensure that the process remains viable & NEC considers electoral lessons learned & best practices.
- Officer in charge: The IEA will represent the international team on the ground & will be the point person for the international agency providing expertise as well as the DSC donor group.
- Donor coordination & support: The IEA will liaise with the DSC on all coordination matters as directed by NEC as well as ensure that all donor funded support is compliant with donor policies & requirements.
- Financial management support: Along with the Electoral Finance Specialist (EFS), the IEA will work with NEC to strengthen the financial & administrative systems & processes that guide NEC & their ability to comply with & report to donor agencies.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- This role will require to coordinate with a team of international experts that include (a) Civic Education Specialist, (b) IT Specialist & (c) Training Specialist.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Strong knowledge of electoral policies & practices.
- Deep understanding of effective capacity building & institutional development of Electoral Management Bodies (EMBs) through electoral process implementation (development by doing).
- Proven knowledge in voter registration processes, electoral training development, electoral operations / logistics & voter education / awareness.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the following:
Leading technical support for EMBs, including oversight of International Electoral Specialists, donor liaising, financial oversight & real time schedule monitoring.
Managing EMB driven electoral processes as an embedded support member rather than an independent Project Manager.
Somaliland context (min 5 years).
Master’s Degree in International Relations or other complementary graduate degrees.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.