Intl Consultlancy to Support Environmental Conservation Department (ECD) for effective implementatio
“Tha Bar Wa - Catalysing Sustainable Water and Energy Management in the Food and Beverage (F&B) Industry in the Ayeyarwady River Basin, Myanmar”. Funded under the European Commission’s Switch Asia programme, Tha Bar Wa aims to promote cleaner production in the Food & Beverage (F&B) sector with a focus on improving water and energy management. The project aims to: improve the legal framework for (waste) water and energy management and its enforcement; enable F&B enterprises to adopt water and energy management practices and technologies; institutionally strengthen selected domestic banks in the field of green SME lending.
The main three objective of this consultancy are:
(a) Strengthen the implementation of Myanmar’s Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) system by providing detailed guidance on Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) for key industrial sectors such as food and beverage industries;
(b) Develop a checklist to support the implementation of EMPs in food and beverage industries; and
(c) Develop a review and draft monitoring and environmental strategic plan and roadmap for ECD;
The profiles of the international consultant for this assignment are as follows:
· An university degree (at least Bachelor level) in environmental engineering/management/ science/ law or a related field,
· A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience internationally including in Asian Region in the similar assignments reviewing Government Environmental (specific to industrial) regulation and laws.
· Fluency in English and experience in writing similar policy reports and preparing knowledge products.
· Candidates with extensive country expertise and/or work experience in Myanmar strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in preparing policy document and guidelines and trainings, preferably on Environmental Management Plans, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) for the industrial sector and how to review them;
· Knowledge of production processes and pollution parameters and level of impacts of different industries.
· The consultant must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.