Jr. Web Developer
International Organization for Migration, Philippines
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Web Developer and overall supervision of the Head of Online Communications Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible to assist in website development projects for the Online Communications Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop high-quality code based on Drupal Best Practices;
- Collaborate with project managers, designers, front-end developer, and other Drupal developers, to deliver Drupal solutions.
- Write and keep up-to-date comprehensive documentation of Drupal platforms;
- Ensure all platforms are always running the latest secure code and custom code is thoroughly security tested;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest best practises in the field of Drupal Development;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant experience.
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Drupal development.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in Drupal development and delivery, web front-end and back-end development tools and techniques and software security;
- Ability to integrate large scale systems or third party products;
- A track record of delivering high-quality, Drupal-based solutions in a timely and effective manner;
Languages: Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.