Junior Full Stack Developer
iMMAP , Malta
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
As part of iMMAP Careers development team, you will support in maintaining the current version of the application and developing new features as required.
Description of Duties
• Work with the development team and product managers to ensure iMMAP Careers fits stakeholders’ requirements
• Build front-end components through appealing visual design following iMMAP style guide
• Develop and manage databases and applications as required
• Test new features to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
• Troubleshoot, debug and prioritize issues with the team
• Support in implementing security and data protection settings
• Ensure mobile responsiveness of new features
• Write comprehensive technical documentation
• Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
• Experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
• Experience developing web applications
• Familiarity with common stacks
• Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• Great attention to detail
• Knowledge of Agile project management methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.