Junior Mentee Manager (Mumbai & Delhi)
Mentor Together, Delhi, India
Mentor Together is an award-winning non-profit organization that has pioneered the youth mentoring movement in India. We provide children and youth facing adversity, empowering one-on-one relationships with mentors, that help them achieve their goals and dreams. We have worked with over 5,000 children and youth. We currently work across 6 cities and 4 rural and peri-urban populations. We are a distributed but tightly knit team of professionals and development sector enthusiasts. We value hard work, detail-oriented execution and perseverance.
Over 2018 – 2021, Mentor Together will work with over 20,000 young people through face-to-face and technology-mediated mentorships. We work with partners like Amdocs India, Cognizant India, Rosy Blue Foundation, Edelgive Foundation, Fidelity Management Research, Cisco India, and others.
Join us, as we grow our programs to reach out to more and more young adults. Learn more about us at www.mentortogether.org. I
PURPOSE: The purpose of the role is to execute a range of activities with mentees, their communities and other stakeholders in the mentee world (NGO partners, Colleges and other partners) and record observations accurately in order to guide the program team meet the larger program objectives. The Junior Mentee Manager also contributes towards building capacity in the mentee team by participating in the training and development of mentee co-ordinators.
LOCATION: Mumbai & Delhi
EXPERIENCE: 2 – 4 years of relevant social sector experience with a minimum of an undergraduate degree, with a postgraduate degree like MSW preferred
OVERVIEW: The Junior Mentee Manager’s primary responsibility is coordinating with the youth (ages 18 – 22) that Mentor Together works with. The JMM looks at mentee selection, delivering programs to mentees and evaluating mentee performance. The JMM manages relationships with mentee partner institutions (NGO partners, Colleges and other partners) in the city. In addition, the JMM assists the mentor team in mentor selection, training delivery and program assessments.
- 100% Program Execution
- Identify partner institutions for mentees (NGO partners, Colleges and other partners), make presentations on the program and secure program MoUs with Institution Heads.
- Conduct different screening and selection activities for mentees.
- Administer psychometric and other baseline tests. Collate data and make reports.
- Create and analyze mentee and mentor databases in order to find suitable matches for mentors and mentees.
- Assist in setting up mentor interviews.
- Organize, prepare and deliver induction and on-going training to mentees.
- Organize and conduct group activities like engagement activities with mentees at various mentee institutes
- Collect periodical feedback from mentees through different surveys, in-person discussions.
- Liaise with mentee partner institution heads and collect regular feedback.
- Arrange group workshops/skill based activities for mentees with volunteers
- Assist Program Coordinator with mentor training and mentor together promotional activities.
- Practice with professionalism and in an ethical manner
- Engage diversity and difference in practice
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills
- SELECTION PROCESS:
- CV and covering letter
- Telephone interview
- Personal interview
f interested, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your resume. Please mention the title of this job clearly in your email.