KNOWLEDGE AND LEARNING ADVISOR
CARE USA, Amman, Jordan
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE recognizes that identifying and addressing gender and power dynamics across our work is central to overall program effectiveness and to advancing social equity. As a result, CARE has prioritized programmatic approaches focused on education and adolescent girls’ empowerment as key to fully realizing the organization’s mission of empowerment and poverty reduction. Learning, impact measurement and knowledge generation are critical components of CARE’s work. The Knowledge and Learning Advisor is a key position to support the Education Team to fulfill this mandate.
The organization has highlighted the critical need for the acquisition of new knowledge to inform the adaptation and innovation of programming approaches and support organizational growth through continuous learning. Synthesizing and disseminating learning within and outside the organization is critical for the Education Team’s success. The position of Knowledge and Learning Advisor will be central to compile, organize and disseminate the evidence generated by CARE’s education programs, and to promote learning uptake by internal and external actors to advance education and adolescent programming.
- Knowledge generation, production and communications
- Coordinate and implement a coherent knowledge management strategy for the education team
- Technical assistance for knowledge management and program design
- Education team membership
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in education, development or a related field
- 2-4 years of professional experience related to development programming and knowledge management; experience in synthesizing research findings is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Exceptional planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a virtual team
- Demonstrated capacity to utilize and support others in utilizing a range of learning tools and approaches, both virtual and in-person
- Experience in developing and implementing communication and dissemination strategies and publications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite