Knowledge Management Internship. Arlington, VA; Burlington, VT
Tetra Tech , United States
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, Virginia is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Knowledge Management (KM) Intern, who will work with the Knowledge Management Advisory Group (KMAG) under the direction of the KM Coordinator. The KMAG is improving technical knowledge management to stimulate organizational learning for stronger proposals and excellent projects. Over the next year, the KMAG is focused on:
- Promoting an organizational culture where sharing knowledge is expected and celebrated
- Streamlining knowledge management related policies and processes
- Support updates to and rationalization of our knowledge systems
Comprised of representatives from various departments across the company, the KMAG is spearheading knowledge management initiatives at the firm. Knowledge management (KM) is the systematic process of collecting knowledge and connecting people to it so they can work more efficiently and effectively. This internship is an exciting opportunity for someone with a background and interest in knowledge management, organizational learning, and international development.
Roles & Responsibilities:**
- Assist in finalizing an Institutional Strengthening Toolkit with an inventory and description of Tetra Tech’s institutional strengthening projects, approaches, tools, and best practices
- Analyze and document lessons learned across technical sectors (Agriculture and Economic Growth; Democracy and Governance; Environment and Natural Resources; Land Tenure and Property Rights; Water Resources and Infrastructure);
- Assist in design of, documentation, and dissemination of knowledge from internal reflection and learning sessions
- Assist in design of mechanism to ensure learning generated from KM tools is disseminated among and utilized by staff
- Assist in finalizing technical catalogue of ARD tools/approaches
- Work with KMAG sector representatives to identify and select resources for the Knowledge Portal
- Classify and tag selected documents according to a common taxonomy
- Support technical working groups through implementation of cross-sectoral learning activities.
- Attend KMAG’s regular meetings and workshops, and report progress to KM Coordinator.
- Perform other relevant duties as identified by KM Coordinator and sector representatives.
- Recently completed a Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in field a related to one of the firm’s practice areas;
- Two years of relevant professional experience preferred
- Knowledge management and organizational learning experience preferred
- International development experience a plus
- Demonstrated interest in knowledge and information management;
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint Online preferred.
- Internship requires US work authorization
This internship is paid, and hours are flexible, and is expected to average 40 per week for six months with possibility of extension. The staff person will be based REMOTELY, reporting to staff in Arlington, VA. Targeted start date is November 11th, 2020.